- January 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
As a part of CARE’s Institutional Funding and Strategy team, the Strategy, Partnerships, and Engagement Senior Advisor serves as the team’s in-house USG expert, leading and advising as well as managing and tracking CARE’s USG positioning efforts within their assigned technical sectors. This critical role lays the foundation for growth of CARE’s USG portfolio by working with CARE technical and country staff to develop and manage strategic donor relationships, engage effectively as thought partners, increase visibility for the purpose of positioning CARE as a preferred partner, and identify, prioritize, and effectively position for both short and long-term funding opportunities. The Senior Advisor supports these efforts through intel gathering, analysis, and strategic planning; strategic engagement, marketing, and outreach; leading and managing priority positioning initiatives with a focus on operationalizing strategic plans; and actively developing the funding pipeline for their specific sector. To achieve these objectives, the Senior Advisor works closely with country, regional, and HQ technical staff as well as senior leadership, providing timely and relevant intel and guidance as well as direct support to staff to achieve and operationalize strategic goals.
- Intel Gathering, Analysis, and Strategic Planning: The Senior Advisor serves as the in-house USG expert for their assigned technical areas and uses their intimate knowledge of relevant USG donors to inform strategy, positioning, and bid prioritization and pursuit efforts.
- Strategic Engagement, Marketing, and Outreach: The Senior Advisor leads, manages, and coordinates a strategic approach to building and strengthening CARE’s relationship with the US Government.
- Lead and Manage Priority Positioning Initiatives to Operationalize Strategic Plans: The Senior Advisor leads on managing and operationalizing strategic plans within their assigned sector.
- Pipeline Development: In line with the strategic priorities, the Senior Advisor, working with relevant CARE staff identifies, scopes, and advises on both prioritization and pursuit of new opportunities including advising Go-No-Go decisions within their assigned technical sectors.
- Personnel Management: The Senior Advisor supervises an analyst position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Development or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- No less than 8-10 years relevant experience working for the U.S. Government and/or working for non-profit and for-profit organizations in a position focused on the U.S. Government.
- Significant experience working with U.S. Government with relevant and demonstrable connections, and networks with staff in USAID or other relevant parts of the U.S. Government;
- Intimate knowledge of USAID including structure, priorities, processes, etc.
- Experience in international development;
- Proven experience in results orientated relationship management, networking, marketing, and intelligence gathering;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret data and make actionable recommendations
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in project/initiative management
- Skilled writer and communicate with experience developing communication materials for external audiences
- Ability to build consensus with stakeholders
- Experience working with the wider development community and convening organizations like InterAction
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
- **Apply now