- February 22, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Description and Role:
Palladium is currently seeking a Full Stack Developer, in Guatemala to support the implementation of the Data for Implementation (Data.FI) Project. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and maintain access to high quality data to accelerate the control and maintenance of HIV and COVID-19 epidemics.
Data.FI supports host country governments to improve existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiological and program data to inform responses to manage gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting the transition of local partners.
In Guatemala, Data.FI will lead a team of technical advisors with expertise in digital health and quality management systems to help the government through USAID better monitor and mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 and HIV epidemics.
Purpose of the position:
Palladium is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team of Health Information System advisors supporting the design and development of various technology and information products in USAID-funded Data.FI Guatemala projects. You will work with technical leaders and product managers to devise software solutions, design, and support its implementation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of Web based high-capacity information systems for cloud and local environments.
- Evaluate existing systems and maintain detailed technical documentation for all products developed, including system design documents, data dictionary, and database design.
- Build and maintain test and evaluation environments as required.
- Design and execute performance and security tests, produce reports on these systems as appropriate.
- Interpret the definitions of Health indicators, customer requirements and user comments to produce information system requirements.
- Work in coordination with teams responsible for information systems at the Ministry of Health and other implementing partners to identify and develop improvements.
- Support members of the Data.FI team designing and validating requirements, together with users, for implemented functionality.
- Prepare user manuals and support end-user capacity development.
- Guatemalan citizen or legally authorized to work in Guatemala.
- Engineering in information systems or equivalent college degree. Master’s degree is desirable.
- At least 10 years of professional experience.
- Experience implementing solutions in the public sector.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining enterprise-level web applications.
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to support users with different levels of experience using information systems.
- Ability to translate technical terms into a non-technical / common language, both verbally and in writing.
Key competencies and professional experience are required
- Expert knowledge of Java development tools and environments. Experience with PHP and Python is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of Postgres and Mysql databases. Experience with Oracle is desirable.
- Solid knowledge of Global Goods for digital health such as DHIS, OpenMRS and OpenHIE.
- Extensive knowledge of standards for systems’ integration such as REST, OAUTH2 and OIDC.
- Solid knowledge of responsive web design using BootStrap and related technologies.
- Experience with relational databases, schema design and performance analysis.
- Experience deploying solutions using containers and other cloud technologies.
- Experience with visualization software such as Metabase, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Experience with NoSQL databases is desirable.
- Experience with GIS databases is desirable.
- Must be detail oriented, proactive in solving problems, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Regional Health Information Systems Advisor.
Levels of Authority:
Full Stack Developer
Guatemala City, Guatemala
One year with possibility of extension
How to apply
Please apply directly on Palladium’s Careers Page (link below):