- July 28, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Title: Senior Executive Support Assistant
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Time type: Full time
Job requisition ID: JR2322360
Hardship Level: B
Family Type: Family
Reason: Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted: No
Staff Member/Affiliate Type: General Service
Target Start Date: 2023-10-02
Job Posting End Date: August 09, 2023
Standard Job Description
Senior Executive Support Assistant
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
The position of Senior Executive Support Assistant is located within a Division/Bureau or Office of the Representation/Head of Office. The role of this position is to provide administrative and secretarial support services to the Head of Office or immediate Supervisor, in order to ensure the smooth running of the Office and its flow and management of administrative and routinely information. This would involve direct contact with other staff members and contacts with the teams of high-ranking officials, both within and outside UNHCR.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Provide secretarial and administrative support to the UNHCR Office thus it’s better able to meet its objectives.
– Arrange appointments and maintains supervisor’s calendar. Receive visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion.
– Arrange meetings, both internal and external, some involving high-ranking officials, and take minutes and/or notes at meetings.
– Prepare informal translations and may act as interpreter.
– Draft correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential.
– Receive, screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain follow-up system.
– Draft official correspondence, documents and reports on routine matters and/or for clearance by the supervisor and ensure follow-up. Maintain filing system for electronic and hard copy documents.
– Maybe required to assist in Human Resources tasks (attendance record, travel arrangements, preparation of travel authorization, /claims, etc.) for staff within the unit.
– Assist in the preparation of visit programs, briefings on issues covered by the Unit, collection of documentation for briefing kits; talking points and other material for missions, meetings and visits.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience:
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5- 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1-year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
Field(s) of Education
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Business Administration, Secretarial, Office Management, Human Resources, or other related field. (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Completion of UNHCR learning programs or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
CO-Drafting and Documentation
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs:
Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs:
Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs:
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
This position is advertised to internal and external applicants. Candidates must be legally present in Honduras at the time of application, recruitment, and hire. Only Honduran citizens or candidates legally present in Honduras will be considered eligible.
Internal Candidates: comprises current GS staff members holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment who, at the date of the deadline for application, are serving in the country of the vacancy at the grade of the position or one grade below or above, as well as any candidates serving at higher grades who fulfill the criteria as per the job advertisement. Staff members must serve for a minimum of one year following assignment before being considered eligible to apply for another position within the same category.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern, is subject to proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, independently of contract type and duration. The selected candidate(s) will be required to provide the proof of vaccination prior to recruitment.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The recruitment process might include written test and/or oral interview for this job opening. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered depending on relevant experience as per the requirements of the job advertisement. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the Office of HR Management of United Nations.
Spanish level: Native (required)
English level: B2 (required)
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
CO-Drafting and Documentation, IT-Computer Literacy, UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures.
Business Administration – Other, Human Resources – Other, Office Management – Other, Secretarial – Other.
Accountability, Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing, Political awareness, Teamwork & collaboration.
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance.
UNHCR Salary Calculator
How to apply
Para aplicar debe seguir las siguientes instrucciones:
- Ingresar a través del siguiente vinculo: https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External
- Buscar la posición a aplicar por – Location o puede colocar el número de la Job Requisition en la barra de búsqueda (ejemplo: JR JR2201639)
- Seleccionar aplicar y le desplegará las opciones para hacerlo. Si aún no tiene usuario creado, seleccionar “Create Account”
- Una vez creada su cuenta puede iniciar su aplicación en línea.