- February 15, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Programmes and the direct supervision of the Head of Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to Migration Management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
He / She will monitor and report on all Information Management components of IOM Algeria projects including EUTF COVID-19 project. Its rigorous, service-oriented approach will ensure that the Information management components of projects consistently applies best practices and constantly works to improve the impact of its benefits for migrants.
In particular, the Incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate the roll out and application of Mimosa in Algeria for the use in all IOM Algeria projects including EUTF COVID-19 funded programming, in close coordination with the Headquarters (HQs) and Regional Office (RO).
- Support the roll out of an online referral mechanism and standard operating procedures for IOM Algeria and its partners to be able to electronically refer cases to and from IOM and for these cases to then be integrated into the Mimosa workflow.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Page 2 / 4
- Contribute to the capacity building efforts to strengthen IOM Algeria partners to collect, manage, and analysis of migration data sources at the local and national levels including data related to EUTF COVID-19.
- Contribute to the development of ad hoc migrant assistance data collection tools and activities to ensure accurate and reliable data is collected, stored, analyze, and submitted in a timely manner to be further processed.
- In collaboration with M&E assistant, contribute to the analysis of the collected data with the support of secondary information in the country and draft reports by using the analyzed data.
- Improve data collection-process-storing-quality and analysis systems within the IOM Algeria mission in line with the IOM data protection policy.
- Monitor the data collection process for EUTF COVID-19 funded project, including codification, storage, and transfer of the data compiled locally.
- Ensure at all stage the proper backup/restore, data protection and security procedures to assure data integrity and availability. Conduct data validation and cross checking to ensure proper and reliable data across sources.
- Coordinate with Head of Units to define the information products and provide relevant inputs as need.
- Support the team in developing methodologies for data collection, processing, and analysis for both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the Identification, the development and the roll-out of IT-based solutions – including databases to enhance information management in the country office in line with IOM ITC policies and standards.
- Providing training to IOM Staff on Information Management tools used by IOM Algeria to facilitate the understanding of surveys/questionnaires and to ensure quality of the data collection.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in computer sciences or a related field.
• Four years of relevant professional experience in development using two or more of the following tools: C#, Visual Basic, Java, SQL for web-based application.
• Experience in designing and developing databases in SQL Server or MySQL, and data analysis and reporting using tools such as PowerBI, Microsoft Excel, or Report Builder;
• Experience in producing information products utilizing tools such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator or Microsoft Publisher.
• Experience in planning and delivering end-user training, IT administrator training and undertaking information systems support;
• Experience in producing analytical reports using large datasets including geodata.
Fluency in English and French (oral and written) and working knowledge of Arabic.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates or candidates holding the Algerian residence and valid working permit are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 February 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement SVN/2022/001.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed (resume and cover letter)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 14.02.2022 to 27.02.2022