- August 7, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Title: Senior International Consultant (Evidence-Based Programming)
Duty Station of the consultancy: Homebased, with travel to Ukraine
Job Classification: International Consultancy
Closing Date: 25 August 2023
Context Project Context and Scope:
The study aims to assess the programming culture and practice of data-driven decision-making within IOM’s operations throughout Ukraine. IOM intends to utilize the study results and recommendations to further enhance the use of data-driven decision-making across all programmes in country to strengthen the planning, targeting, and relevance of IOM’s interventions in country.
The project context encompasses the diverse areas of IOM’s work in Ukraine, including but not limited to migration management, assistance to vulnerable populations, humanitarian and recovery response, as well as support to national institutions. The consultant will need to consider the specific challenges and opportunities within these areas and how data utilization can contribute to more targeted and impactful programming.
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing: Data & Analytics
Category B Consultants: Tangible and measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Inception Report: A detailed report presenting the consultant’s understanding of the assignment, the proposed methodology for data collection and analysis, and a clear work plan. The inception report should be submitted within two weeks of the consultancy’s commencement, for review by IOM, and finalized latest on week 3 of the consultancy.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Comprehensive and well-organized data sets, including interview transcripts, survey results, and any other relevant data, in a suitable format for analysis.
- Analytical Report: A comprehensive report summarizing the study findings, conclusions, and actionable recommendations for evidence-based programming and data utilization in IOM programme teams throughout Ukraine. The report should include specific recommendations tailored to different programming areas and regional contexts, supported by evidence and examples from the collected data and stakeholder consultations.
- Presentations: Well-designed briefings and presentations for senior management and key programmatic staff to effectively communicate the study findings and recommendations to all relevant stakeholder.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Feedback: Evidence of meaningful stakeholder engagement through documented meeting notes, feedback forms, or records of discussions, indicating active participation and input from key stakeholders.
- These outputs will provide tangible evidence of the consultant’s efforts, ensuring the completion of the study and delivering actionable recommendations to enhance evidence-based programming and data utilization within IOM programme teams in Ukraine.
Performance indicators for the evaluation of results:
- Timely submission of deliverables according to the agreed-upon schedule.
- Quality and comprehensiveness of the analytical report, including clear findings, logical conclusions, and actionable recommendations.
- Effectiveness of the presentation in conveying the study findings and engaging stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data accurately and effectively.
Education, Experience and/or skills required
· Master’s Degree in Social Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, Economics, or related field from an accredited academic institution and at least 8 years of relevant professional work experience
· Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of professional work experience.
· Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in organizational behaviour research, business analytics, or in the fields of evidence-based programming, data utilization, and other related areas.
· Experience working with international organizations, preferably in the context of humanitarian or recovery response will be considered highly advantageous.
· Proven track record
· Excellent writing and analytical skills are required.
· Awareness of qualitative research methods.
· Knowledge on the context of Ukraine is desirable.
The consultancy shall be home-based and remote, with travel to Ukraine for completion of field work elements of the assignment (duration and destinations to be agreed upon at the start of the consultancy).
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates (individuals) are invited to submit their cover letters and CVs with the names and contacts of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Sr. International Consultant (Evidence-Based Programming)” by 25.08.2023 at the latest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
!!! Private entrepreneurs (PE) cannot be considered as applicable for providing services under this consultancy.
From 04.08.2023 to 25.08.2023