- August 29, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
General Description of the Organization:
Ghiras Al-Nahda is a Nonprofit Non-governmental humanitarian organization working to empower people through fulfilling their basic needs and seeking to improve community stability and resilience.
The primary role of a site engineer will be to oversee and manage the construction and renovation projects aimed at improving and rehabilitating schools’ infrastructure and facilities. He/she will play a vital role in ensuring that school buildings provide safe, functional, and conducive environments for learning. collaborate with project teams, contractors, and stakeholders to deliver successful rehabilitation for schools that meet quality, safety, and timeline objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare bills of quantities (BoQs) and condition books according to the scope of the project in the targeted schools.
- Supervise and oversee rehabilitation activities on-site to ensure they are executed in accordance with approved plans, specifications, and safety standards.
- Monitor project progress and quality, addressing any issues that may arise during the work.
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure that the rehab work aligns with project specifications and quality standards.
- Collaborate with contractors to ensure timely delivery of materials and completion of tasks.
- Provide technical guidance and clarification to the rehabilitation team when needed.
- Enforce strict adherence to safety protocols and regulations on the construction site.
- Identify potential safety hazards and take corrective actions to mitigate risks.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of project activities, including progress reports, work logs, and incident reports.
- Troubleshoot technical issues that may arise during rehabilitation and propose effective solutions.
- Provide reports on project progress, challenges, and milestones.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in construction and site management, preferably with a focus on school or educational facility projects.
- Proficiency in using construction management software and tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures in construction.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with various stakeholders
GAN is committed to creating a truly inclusive, effective, and representative organizational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees, and eliminating discrimination. In addition, GAN is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex, or religion. GAN is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position.
Child Protection Policy:
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to GAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. GAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
GAN expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of abuse, or harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, or disability. GAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual, or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside GAN.
How to apply
If you are interested in the position, kindly fill out the link https://forms.gle/YELKFjDhdTGzRbJTA by 4 Sep 2023, Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline for submission of applications.