- May 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Attaché will assist in the timely financial and technical response to interventions and needs of women’s organizations and women activists with the aim of advancing women’s human rights in the African continent. Through effective research, evidence collection, translation, data entry & management, grantee interface within the grantmaking portfolio.
Grantmaking and reporting
- Act as the initial interface with the grantees and provide prompt and suitable communication with the applicants.
- Review of grant requests up to the point of preparing checklists for the grantmaking team to review.
- Correspondence with grantees, advisors, and fiscal sponsors.
- Liaise with formal/informal advisors and endorsers on grant proposals.
- Conduct data entry of all inquiries, requests, and grants on the grantmaking database
- Complete due diligence research of potential grantees
- Completion and filing of grant related paperwork.
- Assist with drafting of grant making activity reports
- Assist in the documentation process and tracking of grantmaking indicators.
- Assist in drafting of Country reports as assigned.
- Carry out research for outreach missions and other UAF-Africa purposes as
- Assist in preparations and logistics for outreach and networking missions
- Where applicable, provide language translation of grant requests and communication material within all UAF-Africa programmes
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor an/or the manager
Degree in Social Sciences, Women’s Studies, Political Sciences, International Development, Law or related fields
Fluency in French/English required.
Skills and Experience
- 2 years’ experience grantmaking processes is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on the African continent and beyond as and when required.
- An understanding of gender equality and women’s rights issues, particularly in politically unstable and post conflict African settings
- Familiarity with the women’s rights development needs in Africa
- Passionate about UAF-Africa’s mission, committed to teamwork, and achieving results and building effective teams.
- Excellent inter-personal, public speaking, writing and negotiation skills.
- Experience working in a virtual work environment an added advantage.
- Experience working with salesforce or any other grantmaking software tool.
UAF-Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring practices. UAF-Africa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool to build the most robust possible workforce. The Fund is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The position will be based in the selected candidate’s Francophone African country of resident.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on UAF-Africa website & apply for this role using the below link:
No phone calls please.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To learn more about UAF-Africa and our programs, please visit our website at http://www.uaf-africa.org/.