- March 15, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
NIRAS is looking for key experts (specialists) in a Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Prevention and Response project in the Horn of Africa (HoA) funded by SDC. NIRAS is proposing to this opportunity at tender stage.
The Project aligns and contributes to the SDGs 5 and 3 which aim to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls, and ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages. It aligns to Switzerland’s International Cooperation Strategy 2021-2024, which emphasises GBV prevention and access to basic services. The main focus of the Project is to strengthen an ecosystem for prevention and response to GBV through support to local women-led organisations or associations in collaboration with government entities. The envisaged ecosystem includes working on norms with women and men, building solidarity with survivors, and establishing referral linkages for survivors of GBV to One-Stop Crisis Centres (types of integrated service delivery centers for health, psychosocial, and legal services for survivors of violence all in one place). The initiative also aims to build the capacities of the local women associations and networks active around the One-Stop Crisis Centres to support the establishment of a comprehensive and sustainable ecosystem.
The proposed Project will focus on Somalia, the Somali Region of Ethiopia, and North-Eastern Kenya. The specific intervention areas (districts or community level) will be determined during the Inception Phase (planning process).
The Inception Phase (01.08.2023 – 31.01.2024) and Main Phase 01 (01.02.2024 – 31.07.2027) of this multi-annual opportunity are subject to the current tender. There is a possibility of extension by two additional phases.
We are looking for specialists to be based in Somalia, the Somali Region of Ethiopia, and North-Eastern Kenya with ability to work with the actors in the respective regions and across with the project team.
Qualifications and professional experience required
- Professional education and training relevant to the topic of the intervention, such as in the areas of health, gender, social work, rural development, or other relevant area.
- Professional expertise on objectives as in the foreseen intervention, particularly GBV, Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), health, gender transformative approaches for community mobilization and preferably skills in mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS);
- Experience advising similar projects or stakeholders such as women-led organisations, health providers or ministries of health; a professional network in this sector will be an asset;
- Experience in coordination with other technical and financial partners;
- Demonstrated capacity for ensuring sustainability of results;
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening capacities of actors in GBV prevention and response, ideally on all or most topics such as networking, institutional and organisational development, management, community outreach and mobilization, gender mainstreaming and gender-responsive budgeting;
- Experience working in Somalia, the Somali Region of Ethiopia, and North-Eastern Kenya;
- Local language proficiency.
NIRAS is an interdisciplinary engineering and consulting company originating from Scandinavia, with over 2,400 permanent staff based in offices around Europe, Africa and Asia. People in NIRAS implement around 300 development projects annually. We work on the entire project cycle and within large, multi-annual development programs, to create impact in line with the SDG. Please find more information about our work on our website at: https://www.niras.com/development-consulting/
How to apply
Please apply online through our database of experts:
Please include an up-to-date CV, relevant certificates and references.
Applications are screened continuously.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.