- February 2, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IR and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence – We believe in quality results delivered by investing I people. Freedom – We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect – We believe in trust, empathy, and empowering people. Teamwork – We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency – we believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability – We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Subaward & Finance Officer supports the administration, coordination, preparation and review of procurement processes ensuring compliance with IRI procedures and local laws. The Subaward & Finance Officer works closely with the Resident Program Director and local staff and in coordination with the Program Manager, and the Procurement and Accounting teams in Washington DC. Additional accounting and financial tasks will be assigned as required.
- Based in El Salvador.
- Must have work authorization to work in El Salvador.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, coordinate and effectively meet program goals.
- Ability and desire to travel within and outside of El Salvador.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with USG-funded projects. Preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working on democracy and governance projects. Preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience preferred.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists and advises the Resident Program Director on issues related to accounting, office administration, and grant making processes.
- Responds to all finance and accounting requests from RPD, IRI Regional Accountant, and IRI accountant in Washington, DC.
- Reviews staff expense reports and JAMIS reconciliation.
- Ensures that IRI policies and procedures are followed. Prepare monthly information of expenses for the programmatic area. Keeps financial trackers up to date, as required.
- Collaborates with the other local and DC based staff to oversee the subgrant making and budget formulation process for sub awardees, to verify that projects presented by sub-awardee partners respond to the general program objectives and other funder and institutional requirements.
- Serves as liaison with sub-awardee partners for any inquiries in the subgrant-making and reporting processes.
- Collects and administrates sub-awardees documentation in cooperation with DC-based program and procurement teams.
- Monitors sub-awardees compliance with IRI and USG grant policies and procedures in cooperation with DC-based program and procurement teams.
- Administrates, reviews, financial and/or deliverable reports from sub-awardee partners and prepares them for final headquarters approval.
- Directs and administrates the documentation process required to sign and close the grant agreements
- Ensures that local laws and procedures are duly observed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
How to apply
Please apply via the provided link: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INT1048/JobBoard/201c19d1-4b06-d159-bba4-6a102267f555/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=9644e755-2885-491d-8448-191b01f5f07e