- May 25, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aid to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards of the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Purpose of position:
The supply chain assistant is responsible for supporting the supply chain team according to Bahar procedure and work closely with all sectors to ensure that planned activities are implemented accordingly.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining an up-to-date procurement tracker in coordination with SC department.
- Maintaining an up-to-date inventory list & proper asset in the storage room or other storage sites.
- Follow-up in a timely manner with Suppliers for all urgent requirements.
- Responsible for logistical support to field offices, and to program teams including maintenance & repair, generator functionality & fueling, etc.
- Responsible for fleet management including day-to-day scheduling of vehicles based on program needs and. oversight of drivers in close coordination with the Fleet Officer.
- Assist with Fleet Management tasks as needed.
- Updating daily vehicle movement schedule and records and assigning of all mechanical transport as required.
- Compile regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis.
- Other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
Academic Qualifications and Professional Experience & Skills:
- Degree in Logistics, supply chain management, or any other related fields.
- One year of experience related to supply chain aspects with INGOs/NGOs is preferable.
- Good command of Arabic and English, both writing and speaking.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Turkish nationality is a must.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Bahar is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the Bahar Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form at the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged.