- August 29, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
An exciting opportunity to head up the Communication Advice team in the Norwegian Refugee Council’s External Relations department.
What we are looking for
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is seeking a highly qualified, resilient, and dynamic Team Leader Communication Advice to coordinate the work of the Communication Advice team in the Content Unit. The Content Unit is part of the Public Engagement and Brand Identity section in the External Relation’s department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the section’s support and advice to the wider NRC organisation on communications and identity, including support, offering external suppliers’ services, training and internal communications.
As Team Leader for Communication Advice, you are responsible for enabling strategic communication in the organisation, making it easy for our colleagues to approach us for advice on how to communicate strategically, with quality and in line with our brand guidelines. The team leader coordinates and prioritises work among colleagues in the team.
What you will do
- Lead communications advice team and help set operational priorities and resource allocation in cooperation with Head of Unit.
- Input to recruitment, goal setting and performance review lead by Head of Unit. Assigned responsibility for induction.
- Responsible for the fulfillment of team’s tasks regarding:
- the section’s support and advice to colleagues on communications and identity, allocating resources and delegating tasks in the team.
- developing operational routines and systems for incoming requests handling to the section’s inbox
- ExRel’s pool of external suppliers available to NRC staff for hire, including, tenders, contracts, onboarding, and quality assurance
- efforts to build capacity on communications and identity across NRC
- overseeing training, systematic feedback, and other measures to enhance quality and efficiency of communication in the organisation
- section’s internal communication to the organisation
- developing global standards and guidelines on communications, including communications and brand identity
- Work with Content Development team to ensure proper workflows and communication routines are in place within the content unit.
Please download the detailed job descriptionto learn more about the position.
What you will bring
- Communications or design specialist with strong experience in digital content and communications
- Proven ability to coordinate and motivate teams in complex organisations to reach strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead lean and effective workflows and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
What we offer
- Duty station: Oslo, Norway
- Contract: Permanent
- Travel: Some
- Salary/benefits: grade 9 on NRC’s regional salary scale, with accompanying terms and conditions
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Important information about the application process
- Internal candidates only: please click on the suitcase icon labelled “I am an employee” to be redirected to NRC’s internal careers site.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as given on your passport. Complete all the system-required fields for experience, employment history and education.
- Submit your application and CV in English, taking care to attach your latest CV.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered. Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
- If you have any questions about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. Our 15,000 staff work in crises across 40 countries, providing life-saving and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
How to apply
All interested applicants apply here.