- August 23, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Disputes which have led to violent conflicts between farmers & herders have been occurring in Nigeria because of competition over natural resources due to demographic growth, the expansion human settlements, privatization of land, year round farming practices, environmental degradation & climate change. These resource based conflicts have been complicated by ethnic, religious & political bias.
- To contribute to the mitigation of conflict over natural resources, our client, Search for Common Ground (SFCG) & Mercy Corps have designed a comprehensive & integrated approach. This approach will be implemented through a project entitled “contributing to the mitigation of conflict over natural resources between farmer & herder communities in Adamawa & Taraba states, Nigeria” which is commonly referred to as “COMITAS”.
- The COMITAS project is funded by the European Union (EU) through Neighbourhood, Development & International Cooperation Instrument (NDICI). The project is being implemented in 22 wards & 9 Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Adamawa & Taraba states of Nigeria.
- Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager – COMITAS, the technical supervision of the DTM Coordinator & the direct supervision of the Project Officer (DTM / TTT), the TTT Team Leads will be responsible for the TTT project activities of the COMITAS project.
- Oversee the data collection process for Transhumance Tracking Tool the (TTT) including the baseline mapping, early warning & early response system & flow monitoring.
- Support in the dissemination of the Early Warning & Early Response (EWER) information to the relevant stakeholders that include the local authorities, the peace architecture dialogue (CRN, CSAD & PAD), natural resource management committees.
- Maintain effective teamwork & good communication with the DTM / TTT technical team, key informants, partner staff, government agencies & all the other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure timely collection & submission of field data using mobile data collections techniques.
- Ensure data quality & control according to the required standards of the DTM / TTT methodology.
- Support project activities such as trainings, workshops & donor visits.
- Respect our clients data protection principles & ethics.
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned.
- This role works under the overall supervision of the Project Manager – COMITAS, the technical supervision of the DTM Coordinator & the direct supervision of the Project Officer (DTM / TTT).
- Diploma in / or Degree in Social Science, Geography, IT, Computer Science, or any other relevant field.
- Experience in data collection & information management, preferably in conflict & natural disaster situations.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in monitoring field data collection teams.
- Experience working with UN agencies & NGOs.
- Experience in Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) data collection.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in local languages spoken in Adamawa & Taraba state is desired.
- Inclusion & respect for diversity respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintain high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Delivering results produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- Knowledge / familiarity of mobile data collection technologies & use of Geographic Positioning System (GPS) is a requirement.
- Good understanding of the context of Adamawa & Taraba state.
- Computer use knowledge including Microsoft Office & ability to use internet & email.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.