- August 7, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks qualified Team Leader candidates to support an FCDO-funded Media Literacy and Critical Information Consumption Project. This program will work with relevant stakeholders in Ukraine on disinformation and cognitive warfare tactics, increasing their ability to understand impact of malign information influences and increase resilience towards their effect, with the ultimate aim of supporting the design and implementation of the national media literacy strategy. Based in Ukraine (preferably Kyiv), the Team Leader will lead a team in providing leadership for the program and in developing effective working relationships within the team as well as with external partners across a large, diverse geographic area spanning several time zones. The team will need to work closely with the British Embassy in Kyiv and FCDO headquarters in London to provide accurate advice that is in line with the organization’s processes and standards. S/he will manage staff and ensure the Project achieves its stated goals and results and meets reporting requirements, as well as ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and interventions generated under the Project.
Only citizens of Ukraine or permanent residents with work authorization will be considered.
This position is contingent on funding.
· The Team Leader will be responsible for implementing the overall strategy, direction and operations of the program and ensure successful performance and delivery of outputs and results.
· He/She will provide project leadership, guidance and oversight for the design of a collaborative effort to strategize and implement our a national media literacy policy, with the aim of creating transformational change based on the project’s theory of change.
· The Team Leader will also lead on the further development of an implementation plan, taking into account the country context, country-specific risks, country-specific GESI considerations and market capacity.
· This position will play a key role in developing good working relationships with counterparts at FCDO, interfacing with policymakers across the UK Government, and international and host-country stakeholders.
· The Team Leader will lead a lean global core Program Management Unit (PMU) with centrally based contracts, procurement and finance team. The position will report to IREX’s HQ and its senior leadership team.
· Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
· Advanced academic qualifications in a relevant field preferred
· Substantial experience in international development with a preference for at least 5 years working at a senior level or level with significant responsibility in capacity relevant to this position.
· Demonstrable experience leading multi-country/multi-region FCDO/UK government, US/USAID, or similar donor-funded international development programs, particularly similar programs (for example, capacity building/technical assistance, peer-to-peer/partnership working)
· Experience with oversight of various aspects of program implementation, including overall personnel supervision, oversight of a budget, operational procedures, training provision, communications, or other relevant area.
· Proven experience of designing and delivering a program and team strategy to bring together program ambition with operational delivery across a number of sub-suppliers and delivery components will be an added advantage
· Expertise in the management of skill-shares and secondment delivery chains including ensuring effective quality assurance and peer review will be an added advantage
· Strong track record of managing risk, and adaptive and flexible approaches to delivery in complex portfolios.
· Expertise in working cross-sectors, bringing together political, educational, and development issues will be an added advantage
· Deep understanding of gender and social inclusion as it relates to the delivery of international development programming.
· Prior experience in a Team Leader, Program Director, Manager, Senior Officer, or similar role for FCDO, USAID, or similar donor-funded project will be advantageous.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to engage and influence senior-level officials on complex and/or political topics.
· Excellent strategic, planning, and coordination skills.
· Specific expertise and experience of the Ukrainian context
· Fluency of Ukrainian language skills required; English language skills required; Russian language skills desired.
How to apply
Click on https://irex.applytojob.com/apply/XcvpVOayWY/Team-Leader-FCDOUkraine-Media-Literacy-And-Critical-Information-Consumption-Project to submit your CV in English along with a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations for consideration.