- March 3, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- The Technical Lead will provide hands on water, wastewater management & strategic advice on the operational management of water & wastewater treatment within challenging operational contexts. The Technical Lead manages all the Site Managers across Mali, travelling between the different locations to control the operations, the maintenance procedures & the safety requirement.
- The Technical Lead is the interface between the Project Manager & the Site Managers for the maintenance & the operations of the Water Treatment Plants (WTP) & the Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTP).
- Interprets instructions & documentations from the Project Manager, transferring them into tangible work plans & actions for the different sites.
- Setting up work sites with health & safety as a top priority, including placing warning signs, barriers & warning flags.
- Installing or maintaining repairs & replaces all job related to WTP & WWTP installations.
- Inspecting tools & equipment to meet the required safety standard.
- Following all project rules, procedures, safety requirements, including wearing required safety equipment.
- Troubleshooting recurrent equipment & site performance problems.
- Undertaking review of & / or conducting risk assessments, root causes & developing appropriate risk mitigation measures.
- Training / capacity building of local staff as required.
- Provide technical advice to Site Managers.
- The Technical Lead will report directly to the Project Manager.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Water & Wastewater, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering.
- At least 7 years’ technical experience in the design, planning, installation & commissioning of water & wastewater projects in similar environments.
- At least 5 years’ experience in engineering project management & the leadership & / or capacity building of engineering & technical teams.
- Experience in all aspects of water & wastewater management.
- Experience in fieldwork in remote sites, fragile states & post conflict settings.
- Experience within the UN system is desirable.
- Fluency in both English & French in writing, reading & speaking is required.
- The Technical Lead manages all the Site Managers across Mali.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- At no stage of the recruitment process will CTG charge candidates a fee, this includes during the application stage, interview, processing, assessment & training.
How to apply
Candiddates interested in applying for this role ned to reigster on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: