- October 4, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking for a creative, organized, and enthusiastic Human Resources Intern to be involved in the daily HR business requests in the region and contribute to delivering best HR solutions.
The Position: The intern will work directly with the HR analyst in Kenya but will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross functional teams on a variety of ongoing processes related to compliance, HR services, talent acquisition, new employee onboarding, system documentation management and other projects as they come available.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and launch your career in Human Resources.
- HR Services – Assist with processing employee data transactions, prepare NRS and students’ contracts and record keeping.
- Talent Acquisition – Support in recruitment processes, job postings, candidate sourcing and interviews.
- Onboarding – Support in the onboarding process in Kenya.
- Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree and/or certification in HR, Business Administration, or related field.
- Prior internship experience in Human Resources is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs to prepare reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrate a high integrity and confidentiality.
- Advanced level in written and spoken English.
- Fluent in Kiswahili.
- Available to work at least 30 hours per week
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
- Excellent working environment.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
What are the conditions?
The position is an internship position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The internship will be for a period of six months.
How to apply
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/internships/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on October 8, 2021 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org**
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.