- August 11, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
COOPI is looking for an Emergency WASH Advisor for its Emergency Roster
COOPI Emergency Roster is a multi-functional team of experienced emergency professionals who can be deployed as a team or individually to provide leadership as well as technical support in assessment and response to declared emergencies within 72 hours of the onset of the emergency, for an average duration of 3 weeks. The team is led by the Head of Emergency Unit and consists of 6 members (Emergency Program Manager, Emergency Log, Finance/Admin manager, Protection Advisor, FSL Advisor, WASH Advisor). Roster members may also be asked to support COOPI Emergency Unit and Regional Coordination teams for ad hoc missions to countries affected by emergencies or other circumstances where deployments are exceptionally sought for situations that are in the process of being analysed and considered for a declaration of an emergency level or based on corporate reasons (priorities) as decided by COOPI Director and COOPI Head of Emergency Unit.
- Conduct initial rapid assessment and exploratory mission and produce the relative reports, identifying WASH needs in the country in collaboration with local WASH officers, relevant staffs, affected population and other agencies governmental and non-governmental in order to define priorities, immediate activities and resources available (human, material and financial) to respond to the WASH needs;
- Responsible for defining/updating, implementing and monitoring the WASH, plan and budget, translating the identified needs into a response, including objectives, priorities and resources required to cover the needs of the population at risk. Maintain on-going surveillance of the developing humanitarian situation and adjust activities accordingly. Develop and lead appropriate WASH responses in collaboration with other departments;
- In close collaboration with the country HR/Administration, participate in the planning, definition and sizing of the WASH workforce in the mission and supervise the associated processes (recruitment, validation of WASH staffs, training/induction, evaluation, internal/external communication);
- Coach and directly support the WASH teams in the implementation of the WASH activities making sure that internal protocols are respected;
- Guarantee constant presence and active participation to the WASH coordination fora (clusters meetings and other technical coordination meetings and working groups) and keep regular contact with other WASH counterparts in the country (NGOs, local organizations, donors, authorities) in order to broaden the WASH situation analysis, strength the impact of the WASH intervention and support advocacy actions;
- Responsible for WASH data collection, analysis and reporting to Head of Emergency Unit and team on progress, priorities and constraints of the WASH activities, to ensure a proper monitoring of the program;
- Ensure compliance with Organization and donor policies and produce and control the content of narrative reports;
- Liaise with the Emergency Response Team and Logistics Department to organize the distribution of WASH-oriented items and support needed for all activities;
- Design and develop WASH tools to enhance program monitoring and evaluation, and determining impact, wherever possible, including the use of standard indicators;
- In coordination with the Project Managers, train all WASH project national staffs on WASH key concepts and related issues, the guiding principles underlying the response approach;
- Lead and support the development of WASH related proposals including developing assessment tools, program design, hiring staffs, planning, monitoring, and evaluating field programs;
- Ensure that COOPI field programs have appropriate, relevant, and up-to-date materials, tools, resources, and templates for documenting and monitoring field activities;
- Ensure Sphere standards both qualitative and quantitative are considered and any departures documented.
- Minimum 4 years relevant working experience in humanitarian project management with INGO, specifically WASH projects in fragile and unstable environments;
- Advanced degree in water engineering focused on WASH related field;
- Availability of three weeks with 72 hours’ notice;
- English and French knowledge is compulsory;
- Demonstrate experience with different donors compliance and reporting, in research and report/paper development;
- Deep technical understanding of WASH programming;
- Flexibility, ability to perform and assure high accuracy in work under high level of stress;
- Service Orientation;
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation;
- Capacity to work in volatile security environment and to adapt to basic living conditions;
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices;
- Knowledge of monitoring tools and systems;
- Prior experience in working with communities, internal displacement and/or refugees and in complex emergency settings;
- Willing to leave unaccompanied.
- Spanish knowledge desirable.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter at the following link: https://coopi.org/en/job-position.html?id=4929&view=2