- July 31, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Under the supervision of the WASH Manager, the WASH Supervisor will be responsible for the planning and implementation of all the WASH activities defined in a project. Coordinating with WASH partners in conjunction with the government authorities and overseeing the quality of INTERSOS’ interactions with the beneficiaries, ensuring strong relationships, and fostering community engagement, awareness and ownership of all INTERSOS activities related to water, sanitation and hygiene in targeted LGAs, within Borno State. The role holder will oversee reporting on all WASH activities via weekly work plans, schedules and people management; supporting the team in developing new concept ideas, capacity building and development.
Under the supervision of the WASH Manager, the WASH Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Production of BoQs, of WASH infrastructures Designs.
- Monitors the construction of water supply systems and distributions, network, gravity flow, drinking water quality and treatment (Chlorination).
- Works along with the hygiene promotion team in all the processes of selecting, designing, implementing and monitoring the WASH systems and activities by meetings and good communication.
- Provides technical input and advice in emergency response water and sanitation activities, as well as waste management and hygiene promotion.
- Follows up on the implementation of requested integrated activities (awareness sessions, assessments)
- Monitors the drilling of bore holes, that is water source development, well and borehole installation.
- Participates in drafting new proposals of activities, including the technical descriptions and the budget associated with them
- Ensure community involvement at all phases of the project and the development of community ownership of the project.
- Provides detailed, accurate and timely weekly reports to supervisor on activities, challenges and areas in need of improvement
- Supervises field staff, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in their duties, and foster growth and development.
- Ensures constant communication with INTERSOS WASH staff to identify potential problems, formulate recommendations and solutions and report
- Conducts regular monitoring visits to the field, to follow-up on INTERSOS activities and ensure community participation in the activities
- Ensures that consideration is given with focus on gender, protection and HIV/AIDS in water and sanitation activities.
- Participates in organizing all logistical support for meetings, seminars, workshops and missions
- Attends the Co-ordination meetings conduct needs assessments of the area whenever requested, inform and co-ordinate the WASH activities with the other agencies and actors carrying out similar activities.
- Solar panel design and installation.
- A Degree in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering or other related discipline;
- Minimun of 3-4 years of Work experience in similar position/Construction company.
- Work experience in nutrition/Health sector in emergency.
- Professional experience in community WASH Soft/hard in displaced populations
- Excellent program implementation skills
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Understand of the local language added advantage (Hausa or Kanuri)
- Ability to use and analysis civil and water resources applications (EPANET, AutoCAD etc)
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach their CV with Cover Letter following this format “Surname_ Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Application Deadline: apply no later than 2nd August 2023 at 1:00 PM.
INTERSOS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply”.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.
For more information about INTERSOS, go to https://www.intersos.org/en/what-we-do/nigeria/