- June 13, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The USAID-funded Regional Water and Vulnerable Environment Activity (WAVE) project in Central Asia, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev), is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Water-Energy Consortium Analyst in Central Asia. This position will be remote (i.e., located in the expert’s home office) from June to November 2022 with possible visits toKazakhstan.
This is an international consultant position for analyzing of the possibilities of establishing a water-energy consortium or other similar mechanism in Central Asia. The international consultant engaged under this assignment will work closely with a group of national experts on water, energy, and economic issues and the Technical Leads of the USAID Regional Water and Vulnerable Environment Activity in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Structure the investment project in accordance with the requirements of the main donors and reconcile it with the main partners (the Ministry of Ecology, Geology and Natural Resources, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan). Identify the main directions for the analysis of the agricultural sector in the countries for further development by national experts.
- Based on the analyses carried out by national experts in the countries, develop a general regional analysis of the agricultural sector in order to identify potential goals and objectives of the Project.
- Develop a project document, in accordance with the requirements of donors, that includes the objectives of the project, funding needs, and proposed work plan.
- Present a draft version of the Regional Project at a meeting of the working group of EC IFAS, as well as at a meeting of the Regional Coordinating Committee of the Activity. Integrate comments and submit the final version of the Project Proposal to EC IFAS for further search for funding.
- Prepare an assessment report assessing the opportunities for establishing a Water and Energy Consortium in Central Asia in collaboration with the main partners and the expert group.
- Present the results of the analysis at the meeting of the National Intersectoral Working Group of the Activity and the USAID Regional Water and Vulnerable Environment Activity Regional Coordination Committee (RCC) meeting. Finalize the report based on received comments and present to the MFA, the MEGPR, the Ministries of Energy (ME) and National Economy (MNE).
- Advanced degree in water and/or energy management in the context of the use of common natural resources, or another relevant field. Knowledge and skills in sustainable natural resource management, business planning, or other relevant areas are an advantage.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in successful implementation of research and analysis, development of reports, and project (investment) proposals in the following areas:
- Water and energy sector and finding benefits from sharing water and energy resources.
- Political, socioeconomic, and environmental trends related to issues of water-energy cooperation and approach to water management at the global level.
- Knowledge of the global water agenda, the SDGs, also in the context of COVID-related social and economic development challenges
- Experience in the development of analytical reviews and project documents.
- Experience in Central Asia is an advantage.
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship between the use and management of natural resources, agribusiness, energy production, transboundary cooperation, the sharing and management of transboundary water and energy facilities, and environmental protection.
- Interpersonal and team coordination skills, as well as the ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of the Russian language is a plus.
How to apply
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of the online process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/WEConsortiumAnalyst
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.