- July 31, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Fixed Term | 6 months | Oct 2023
For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Since 2012, Acted has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: Acted provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, Acted has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be in charge of
The Logistics Volunteer assists the Country Logistics Manager to reinforce logistics processes in country. He/She will also provide technical support and capacity building to the logistics staff. The Logistics Volunteer may also support the Country Director for logistics management in case of Country Logistics Manager/Country Logistics Officer absence.
Contribute to improve logistics processes in country
- Stocks & deliveries;
- Fleet, transportation & fuel management;
- Asset management;
- Communications & IT management;
- Logistics Follow Up.
Train logistics & other staff to logistics procedures & tools
Support logistics documentation
Upon request support logistics operations
Expected skills and qualifications
- Post graduate Degree in logistics, supply chain management or equivalent, preferably at Master level;
- Experience in logistics in a professional environment (internship);
- Familiarity with basic office software programs;
- Knowledge of the humanitarian field will be an asset.
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com), including the reference: CLV/WOS
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.