- May 11, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Solicitation Title: Writer – Air Pollution White Paper, Environment and Climate Change Initiative, APRO
Submit Proposal to: HR.Thailand@fhi360.org
Date of Issue of RFP: May 11, 2023
Date Proposal Due: May 31, 2023 5:00 PM GMT+7
Approximate Date Consultant Contract Issued to Successful Candidate(s): June 12, 2023
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. As one of the world’s largest nongovernmental organizations, FHI 360 has been a catalyst for change for over 50 years. Shaped by local communities in more than 60 countries, our work tackles local, national and international challenges, and has paved the way for large-scale responses to some of the most complex global issues. Driven by the recognition that public, economic and planetary health are inextricably linked, we co-create innovative solutions with government agencies, civil society organizations and private sector entities that share our vision for a world powered by climate-smart systems.
Scope of Work
FHI 360 seeks to hire a Writer to support the Asia Pacific Environment and Climate Change (ECC) Initiative Team in preparing a white paper on the topic of employing a citizen-science approach to address air pollution in the Asia-Pacific region. (Further details of the scope and expectations and a sample white paper will be provided by the ECC team prior to/during the interview process). In addition, the Writer will be responsible for ensuring that the deliverables are free of grammar, punctuation, formatting and spelling errors and conform to FHI 360’s writing style guidance. As required, the Writer will create tables of contents and acronym pages as well as format text in Microsoft Word for final publication, as requested.
The successful bidder will be offered an Agreement with the period of performance for up to 4 months.
Deliverables and Due Dates
- First draft by 30 June 2023
- Second draft by 21 July 2023
- Third draft by 4 August 2023
- Final draft by 31 August 2023
Location of Work
Bangkok, Thailand or working remotely
Desired Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, social sciences, environmental science or a related field.
- Minimum of three (5) years of professional writing, copyediting or editorial experience.
- Outstanding attention to detail and exceptional proofreading skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and easily understandable language, varying writing style to meet the needs of a given audience.
- English fluency (reading and writing) required.
- Excellent Microsoft Word skills, with the ability to create and edit page and section breaks, automated table of contents, captions, cross-reference tables, and footnotes, among others.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and conflicting schedules in a professional manner. Must be flexible and able to work on weekends to meet deliverable deadlines, as required.
- Knowledge of development sector, especially environmental and climate change-related issues preferred.
Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on how well they meet the minimum requirements for the position, as demonstrated via the cover letter and CV/resume.
- Evaluation will be based upon best value, through a combination of qualifications including education (20%), relevant experience (60%), and proposed daily rate (20%).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Technical Monitor(s) and references may be consulted.
- Award will be presented to the candidate who passes the interview.
FHI 360 Disclaimers
- FHI 360 may perform a background check on any selected Consultant candidates.
- FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
- FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
- FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI 360 will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation
- FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
- FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition
How to apply
Timetable and Address for Submission
Proposals are due no later than May 31, 2023 at 5:00 PM GMT+7. Required documentation listed below must be e-mailed to HR.Thailand@fhi360.org
Proposals must include the following components:
- Applicant’s CV
- Cover letter outlining experience Cover letter outlining relevant experience, proposed daily rate in USD, and 2 references, with the contact information.
- Writing samples (please submit up to 3 writing samples of no more than 10 pages each; excerpts are acceptable).
Respond via e-mail with attached document in MS Word / pdf format.
The Consultant agrees to hold the prices in its offer firm for 60 days from the date specified for the receipt of offers, unless another time is specified in the addendum of the RFP.
Subject Line: Writer – Air Pollution White Paper : Your Name