- May 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
A unique opportunity to get involved in a conflict resolution and peace building organisation based in central London. DPI aims to foster an environment of sharing information, ideas, knowledge, and concerns for furthering of democratic solutions and outcomes. Our work supports the development of a pluralistic political arena capable of generating consensus and ownership over work on key issues at political and local levels.
The role includes the provision of administrative assistance to the CEO. Responsibilities will include arranging meetings, travel, and accommodation and maintaining the schedule of the CEO. The successful candidate should be able to come to the office five days a week , this can be full time or part time. to the office
Specific Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Maintain CEO’s diary,
- Prioritise all incoming events inquiries for CEO and manage travel schedule,
- Respond to and coordinate responses to inquiries for CEO by mail, e-mail, and phone
- Carry out ad hoc small-scale research and analysis
- Prepare briefing papers and speeches as necessary
- Organise and maintain the department and files of the CEO’s office including registering and archiving materials
- Ensure smooth organisational communication and at times makes changes in procedures to deal with variations in workload
- Prepare for and take minutes at meetings, including Board meetings
- Other tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
Qualifications and Person Specification:
The successful candidate should need to meet the following criteria:
- Preferably holds a university degree in Law , however a degree in international relations, political sciences, or related fields are also acceptable.
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on written and spoken English plus analytical skills
- Strong administrative skills
- A keen attention to detail and ability to prioritise as well as multitask
- Flexible and resourceful approach to work and a “can do” attitude
- Professional demeanour when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone
- Capacity to work in a highly pressured environment, while remaining calm
- Ability to take initiative and prioritise tasks, excellent time-management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Ability to work on their own initiative as well as work as a team player.
In addition to daily voucher , there will be a stipend for travel expenses.
How to apply
For applications send an email with the subject line ‘Administrative Intern’ along with your CV, and a cover letter stating your interests, experience and availability to Akinola Williams email: firstname.lastname@example.org