- February 22, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Background Information – Job-specific
A Secretariat incorporated into UNOPS will support the Steering Committee (SC) and facilitate the implementation of SC’s decisions. The Secretariat will operate as per defined Terms of Reference approved by the SC. The Secretariat will undertake day-to-day management and operation of the ETP Fund: (1) it launches Calls for Proposal and carries out proposals assessments; (2) it provides assistance and support to projects; (3) facilitates the design, development, and implementation of an overall M&E strategy; (4) monitors the progress made by each project during the implementation phase.
The Secretariat will work in close cooperation with the SC, the Advisory Committee, and the Senior Programme Manager, as well as UNOPS Services. The members of the secretariat will be selected following UNOPS rules and regulations.
Within the framework of the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following duties which are performed according to organizational needs and structure:
Reporting to the ETP Director, the incumbent will be responsible for effective, transparent and efficient management of the Fund in concert with the ETP Secretariat, and will have delegated authority for the management of the Fund under the Rules and Regulations of UNOPS, and in accordance with the strategy approved by the ETP Steering Committee.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the ETP Director, THMCO, the Senior Programme Manager’s responsibilities include the following:
Strategy development and implementation
a. Support the Secretariat and Steering Committee to develop a strategy that articulates the Steering Committee’s vision, direction, and underlying principles for funding decisions, its relationship with partners, and its role in policy advocacy for the rural poor in the country.
b. Develop an implementation plan for the operational component of the strategy that is sufficiently detailed to guide operational decisions of the Secretariat and the Steering Committee.
c. Lead the operational development of new components to the ETP, ensuring that they are in line with the overall ETP strategy.
d. Develop and implement an appropriate risk management process for the Fund, including associated procedures for effective identification and management of financial and business risks, including fraud and corruption.
e. Develop, publicize, and update as necessary essential operational documents and policies, including Operational Guidelines that articulate the role and responsibilities of the Senior Programme Manager and implementing partners; a communications strategy; and, implementation guidelines for important cross-cutting themes, including gender, accountability, etc.
f. Ensure compliance with relevant operational documents and policies.
a. Establish and maintain a functional office with all appropriate support functions.
b. Employ, manage and motivate the staff needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the Senior Programme Manager. Staffing levels will be approved by the Steering Committee through approval of an annual budget for the Senior Programme Manager.
c. Establish systems for identification and selection of implementing partners in line with UNOPS’ Rules and Regulations.
d. Establish financial systems to ensure that funds are held, disbursed and accounted for in a timely, transparent and efficient manner.
e. Establish and ensure compliance with the relevant policy to address fiduciary risk and fraud.
f. In coordination with the ETP Secretariat, submit an annual budget to the Steering Committee
g. Develop an appropriate donor reporting system and ensure timely and accurate annual reporting
Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
a. In concert with the ETP Secretariat, develop and implement an M&E strategy that is capable of: monitoring and reporting the utilization of the funds; monitoring the performance of implementing partners – in particular financial reporting; and ensuring that Fund resources are used effectively.
b. Ensure that implementing partners fulfill their reporting obligations, including enabling the participation of beneficiaries, and that recording and reporting systems are harmonized both among implementing partners and with national systems where possible.
c. Ensure that all projects are visited at least once every twelve months for monitoring purposes, more often if the project requires additional attention in terms of implementation.
Dialogue and communication
a. In coordination with the ETP Secretariat, ensure regular consultative meetings with implementing partners to ensure dialogue and information exchange.
b. Support the Director of the ETP Secretariat in maintaining a dialogue with national authorities and coordination mechanisms
c. Ensure appropriate visibility for the Steering Committee members.
Steering Committee / Donor Consortium support
a. Support the Steering Committee and the Secretariat in their visibility efforts and logistics where appropriate
b. Provide appropriate inductions for new members of the Steering Committee and the Donor Consortium to assist them to meet their responsibilities.
● Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) is required preferably in International Relations, Political / Development Studies, Business / Public Administration or other relevant discipline is required
● A Bachelor’s degree in these areas with additional 2 years of relevant experience is considered as equivalent. A relevant combination of academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education
● A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive and responsible experience in programme/project implementation and management or related fields is required.
● Relevant professional experience must include five (5) years of experience at the international level, including experience at a senior management level.
● Experience in managing stakeholder relations while working for an international organization or related experience is required
● Experience in fund management and/or grant management is required.
● Regional experience in South East Asia is an advantage; experience in Indonesia and/or The Philippines and/or Viet Nam would be considered an asset.
● Leadership experience with strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
● Prior experience in supporting or managing the implementation of multi-donor supported projects would be a strong asset.
● Prior related experience in the UN system is highly desirable.
● Fluency in English is required.
● Working knowledge of another, official UN language is desirable.
How to apply
Go to: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=23337