- February 2, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D’s internship program is designed to provide students and recent graduates with an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge and training about our programs and projects in developing countries as well as supporting areas of R4D.
Internship Description and Educational Objectives:
What you will learn during this internship?
R4D is seeking an intern to join the Global Health team. The intern will primarily contribute to the Health Systems Strengthening Accelerator’s efforts to strengthen the health policy and systems research ecosystem in Asia. The collaborative activity brings together researchers, learning platforms, and policymakers to jointly identify opportunities to improve training, partnership, and research offerings, stimulate dialogue, and create tools and resources that strengthen the ecosystem and ultimately, facilitate the uptake of evidence in policymaking.
To learn more about the project and its activities, visit the project website here.
The candidate will gain the following educational knowledge and training by the end of this internship:
· Experience organizing global peer-learning events and connecting with global health actors, including health policy and systems researchers and global networks.
· In-depth knowledge of key topics in global health and collaborative learning—such as peer-to-peer learning techniques, monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, landscape of learning platforms—as well as approaches the R4D Global Health team employs in its work
· Experience conducting background research and creating practical products and tools.
· Familiarity with R4D’s programmatic work across the health, education, and nutrition portfolios.
· Experience working independently and collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced environment.
This internship is based virtually, and will report directly to Leah List, Senior Program Associate.
· This is a paid internship and R4D interns will receive $15.20/hourly.
· Awarding academic credit for an internship is at the discretion of your college or university. We are happy to assist you with providing appropriate information at your school’s request. Interns are responsible for making all arrangements for earning credit prior to the commencement of their internship.
Responsibilities will encompass a range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Note-taking in high-level meetings and synthesizing notes to identify key takeaways.
- Contributing to the organization and facilitation of peer-learning events by scheduling meetings, preparing PowerPoints and other materials, sending invitations and targeted outreach, and other assorted tasks.
- Conducting research on learning network and training platform offerings and on learning ecosystem measurement and evaluation tools. Supporting the development of catalogues/databases synthesizing information surfaced during research.
- Providing administrative support, as needed.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Candidates should be college/university undergraduate students or recent graduates with less than 2 years of work experience; or graduate students with less than 2 years of work experience.
- Interns are expected to work ~20 hours a week during the 3-month internship period.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience and/or interest in producing analytic products, including conducting research, and writing for reports, or blogs.
- Prior experience compiling catalogues/databases, preferred but not required
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to set priorities and handle competing time and resource demands
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team member
- Enthusiasm, energy, good judgment, and humor
- Availability to start March 2022
Results for Development is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering and nurturing an energetic, collaborative and diverse workforce. R4D provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
How to apply
Click here to apply