- November 25, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC is looking to hire Base Manager who has responsibility of Working closely with the Head of Program, the Economic Recovery Unit, the Protection Unit, Partnership Unit and DRC support services, the BM and his/her team will ensure that all project activities are implemented in coordination with relevant technical and local authority stakeholders.
In addition to the responsibility for the overall timely delivery of DRC’s program portfolio in East Amman, and for the smooth running of support services in East Amman, including safety, finance, HR, MEAL, logistics and procurement.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Area Manager . Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
· Ensure that project cycle management is carefully applied (needs assessment, planning, resources allocation, beneficiary selection, monitoring and reporting) in East Amman with support from the HOP and AM
· Contribute to analysis of the local context, in order to anticipate future needs and plan future programming accordingly
· Monitor the progress of projects against work plans and provide appropriate support to senior project staff and support staff to ensure high quality programs are delivered
· Monitor staff performance and conduct to ensure compliance with job requirements and DRC policies and values (including Code of Conduct and global standards)
· Provide requested reporting to the HOP and take lead in all donor reporting requirements
· Participate in country strategic reviews, linking with the project itself and any potential future program developments (including fundraising) of similar nature
· Ensure coordination of projects between East Amman and South
· Lead on recruitment of East Amman team members
· Carry out other activities as requested by the AM.
· Represent DRC before relevant donors, local authorities and coordination bodies in Amman
· Monitor partner’s progress and take necessary actions with DRC Partnership Manager to ensure project meets its goals
· Support in identifying capacity building needs of the partners
· Maintain a constructive and cordial relationship with the partners throughout the project implementation including regular visits and follow-up;
· Ensure recommendations and guidance provided by technical units are incorporated into field activities and work plans
· Provide day-to-day technical guidance to staff and facilitate the roll-out of technical resources, materials, and tools for project deliverables
· Engage in regular communication with heads of technical units on project implementation strategy and needed support organize and maintain regular field level meetings with technical units
Management of support functions
· ensuring that on a field level all MEAL practices are applied in all projects and in coordination with the Amman-based M&E Manager
· Supervise finance, administrative, HR functions and ensure full application of policies in East Amman in coordination with Amman-based technical leads
Oversee security measures and ensure staff and beneficiary safety in East Amman
Required / Desirable
· Relevant university Degree, ideally bachelors or masters in relevant subject area, or significant additional demonstrable past professional experience gained through field management roles
· At least 5 years’ professional experience in the humanitarian sector
· Excellent knowledge of the project management cycle and experience managing multi-sector projects with large teams
· Previous experience working in the Middle East
· Previous experience managing protection and/or livelihood projects
· Previous experience working with BPRM, USAID and SDC
· Ability to communicate key information in an easy to understand, informative and collaborative manner
· Good knowledge of the Core Humanitarian Standards or other accountability measures/standards.
· High integrity and willingness to conduct her/himself transparently and open to scrutiny
· English (fluent)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Designation of Duty Station: East Amman
Start date: 1 Jan 2022
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 8 Dec 2021
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.**
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
How to apply