- May 30, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Contract length: 6 months, with possibility of extension, contingent on funding
Reporting to: Ukraine Regional Response Lead
Salary range: 4,500-5,200 USD/month
Deadline for applications: June 22, 2022*
*Due to the urgency of the vacancy, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and if the ideal candidate is identified before the closing date, CLEAR Global reserves the right to close the recruitment before the application deadline.
CLEAR Global is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another. We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team. We recruit on merit, actively seek diverse applicant pools and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, marital or parental status, or sexual orientation, and welcome all types of diversity.
We offer in addition to salary:
- an innovative work environment with a diverse and passionate team,
- 20 days of annual leave and 10 days of floating holidays,
- the flexibility of home-based/remote work,
- accommodation and per diems when on deployment.
CLEAR Global is seeking a Content Curator and Editor to oversee the launch of a content management system to support conflict-affected Ukrainians and others on the move to have improved access to trusted, reliable, updated and tailored information to rapidly inform their decision-making during the crisis. CLEAR Global’s program technology team is developing an innovative program to meet this goal. The amount of information and the vast number of channels, hotlines, websites, leaflets and other information products is overwhelming. CLEAR Global will build an information management system that supports a seamless user experience, guided first and foremost by the needs of Ukrainians and others affected by the crisis. The system will ensure that reliable, trusted information is available to service providers, tailoring the content to their output needs and ensuring that the content itself responds to feedback from end-users across their journey. In order to make this happen, CLEAR Global is looking to recruit a Content Curator and Editor to manage content aggregation, collation and curation, reporting to the Ukraine Regional Response Director and working closely with the program technology team.
This job is for you if:
You love testing new solutions:
- You take an analytical, data-driven approach to problem solving
- You not only listen to people, but also find solutions that help address their problems
- You’re eager to collaborate and learn from different people, from technologists and field workers to the displaced people we are trying to support
You know how to lead:
- You understand the “big picture” of the work you’re doing
- You empower your team and help others to make the best use of your work
- You want to contribute to the organization’s strategy
- You create opportunities across teams to make best use of a wide range of technology
You ensure we produce excellent content:
- You act as storyteller, copywriter and content curator, researching engaging and high-quality content, tailored to different media channels, and adapted to the needs of the respective audiences.
- Although you understand how to do things, you’re more focused on the “what” than the “how” – aggregating content which is both obviously and intuitively useful and usable, directing the real-time content curation process and supervising the team for always-on content
- You’re comfortable with modern agile content development strategies and continuous curation approaches
- You have experience in setting up and running a fast-paced content curation office
- You have experience with content management systems and tools and know how to effectively deploy them in multilingual contexts
- You identify new content and communications opportunities.
You make things simple:
- You can breakdown problems and identify where to start in order to quickly deliver impact
- You can turn complex ideas and concepts into language anyone can understand
- You can translate data and insights into solutions that address real world problems
You love teamwork:
- You’re comfortable working with remote and globally distributed teams
- You’re good at creating and managing teams with diverse areas of expertise
- You can set measurable goals and manage to them
- You build strong and trusting relationships
- You have a good understanding of data privacy issues (GDPR and beyond)
- You’re hands on and willing to do what is needed to help the team
- You care about social issues — these are the problems you want to solve
The ideal candidate has a very strong background in strategic editorial leadership and decision making, experience in the humanitarian or development sectors, and an ability to be strategic about how content and communications can be effectively harnessed to help internally displaced persons, migrants and refugees. The successful candidate will be a dynamic team player, proactive with the ability to offer structured guidance on a strategic level, and able to ensure that the right priorities are set for the organization within a broader program. You will have extensive experience in the gathering and collation of content for broadcast and digital platforms, leveraging the use of digital tools to enhance content gathering and dissemination.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in media studies, journalism, or similar with several years’ experience producing/curating engaging web, print, and social media content
- Sound copywriting and editorial skills; social media savvy; graphic design and Photoshop skills are an asset
- Very good knowledge of all journalistic/media formats as well as all channels and audiences
- Collaborator with a good grasp of narrative/creative writing, attention to detail and the ability to adapt quickly to new topics and to develop networks
- Experience working with technology and platforms and leveraging them for content dissemination
- Experience in non-profit organization
- Experience in developing countries or humanitarian settings
- Experience in language services/localization
- Proficiency in any of the response languages a plus (i.e. Ukrainian, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of business processes
- Deep understanding of communications and language technologies
In an emergency, CLEAR Global provides language support to facilitate vital two-way communication between the people affected and humanitarian responders. This happens both remotely and on the ground. Remotely, CLEAR Global works with a global network of linguists to translate text, audio and audiovisual content from and into the languages of crisis-affected people. We also provide information, guidance, and language mapping support to humanitarian organizations. On the ground, country program teams offer a range of support, from research and training to glossary development and pictorial communication tools. We are also leading the development of language technology for marginalized languages. This has the potential to shift the power dynamic in emergencies and international development contexts, placing control of communication and information access in the hands of the people in need of support.
About CLEAR Global
CLEAR Global exists to help people get vital information, and be heard, whatever language they speak. We believe that everyone has the right to give and receive information in a language and format they understand. We work with nonprofit partners and a global community of language professionals to build local language translation capacity, and raise awareness of language barriers. Our network of over 80,000 community members translate millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.
CLEAR Global employees and volunteers are people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. CLEAR Global’s mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
- Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, CLEAR Global is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
- Integrity: CLEAR Global believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
- Empowerment: CLEAR Global believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
- Innovation: CLEAR Global recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
- Sustainability: CLEAR Global recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
- Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and, conduct themselves professionally at all times.
CLEAR Global may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.
How to apply
To apply, please click here