- October 5, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Chevy Chase, MD, Creative has a field presence in more than twenty-five countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Cost and Pricing (C&P) Associate will be a member of the Cost and Pricing Unit in the Finance and Contracts (F&C) Division. The C&P Associate will be responsible for cost proposal preparations and pricing strategies working in close collaboration with the Business Development, Contracts, and programmatic teams. They will assist in budget modifications, financial analysis, and other projects as assigned.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Cost and Pricing Associate will report to the Cost and Pricing Manager in the F&C Division.
- Lead proposal costing efforts, working closely with technical teams as well as the proposal development team.
- Prepare budget templates in accordance with funder requirements and Creative’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and revise complex proposal budgets in accordance with donor requirements while utilizing advanced Excel spreadsheet techniques.
- Serve as point of contact to subcontractors and provide guidance to assist with the budget and other cost related matters.
- Attend and lead proposal budget meetings, provide costs based on proposal design inputs, and propose recommendations to the technical team to develop a competitive proposal.
- Prepare budget narratives for the cost proposal submission that are compliant and provide adequate cost justifications.
- Work closely Financial Analysis team to review budget modifications, assist in corporate forecasting and budgeting, produce reports, and other financial analysis tasks as assigned.
- Assist in the development of trainings on budgeting, pricing strategies and budget templates.
- Assist in management of C&P resources, including templates, tools, SharePoint sites, and other resources; and
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BBA or BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, including ability to manipulate and use large spreadsheets, complex formulas, and pivot tables.
- Excellent writing skills with capacity to accurately and positively present budget information in writing.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and verbally.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong planning, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Some familiarity with US government regulations on cost accounting standards.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with financial information systems and databases.
- Familiarity with the USAID project life cycle and knowledge of international development implementation.
- Familiarity with different indirect rate applications and negotiated indirect cost rate agreements.
- Familiarity with T&M, Fixed Price, and Cost Reimbursement contracts and the financial accounting thereof.
- Experience in cost & pricing or other financial analysis or related experience, preferably with USAID.
- Basic proficiency in a second language, especially Spanish, French, Arabic, or Portuguese.