- October 15, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
JOB TITLE: Education Officer
LOCATION: Cúcuta -With the ability to mobilize in the Department and elsewhere in the country that the organization requires
CHILD SAFEGUARD POLICY:
Level 3: This position will have contact with children and adolescents frequently (one or more times a week) and during visits to projects in the country.
We need to maintain secure screening processes, which include rigorous background checks, reflecting our commitment to protecting children from abuse.
PURPOSE OF THE ROL:
Implement the programs, strategies and initiatives of the project aimed at improving the realization of the right to safe, quality learning and with a gender perspective for girls and boys affected by the conflict and the crisis in the municipalities and educational institutions focused by the project on the Department of Norte de Santander, developing the school change management model and the structure of objectives and expected results of the project planning framework.
The Education Officer is responsible for the implementation of strategies and actions aimed at improving Educational Quality and guaranteeing the rights of children.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
At an Operational and Strategic level
- Lead the implementation of the school change management model in educational establishments, convening and appropriating the different institutional actors of the methodology, instruments and strategies for improving educational quality and school management.
- Mobilize and accompany the educational community in initiatives to improve educational quality and guarantee the rights of children.
- Assist technically and pedagogically the group of teachers and teacher managers in initiatives to improve educational quality.
- Lead in the educational communities processes of sensitization and appropriation of the approaches of children’s rights, participation of boys, girls and families and gender equality.
- Carry out training and technical assistance (administrative and programmatic) to Educational Establishments for the formulation, implementation and evaluation of pedagogical projects in reading and writing, mathematics and / or citizenship skills.
- Carry out training processes for boys, girls and young people on children’s rights, participation and gender equity.
- Promote participation in the methodological designs, models and strategies adopted by the Educational Establishments linked to the project in the Secretariats of education, municipal mayors and focal points of municipal education.
- Participate in representation of the organization under delegation of the coordination, in inter-institutional tables that promote and strengthen education within the framework of the project and the mission of the organization.
- Agree with the project partners and the educational communities the schedules and work plans for the efficient implementation of activities and improvement strategies.
- Monitor the indicators and results of the programs implemented by project partners and record qualitative and quantitative data in the project planning and monitoring systems.
- Propose and implement preventive and corrective actions for the implementation of programs led by partners for the effective development of improvement programs in educational establishments.
- Document and report, based on results-based management instruments, the progress of the project according to the activities implemented directly and indirectly in the educational establishments, municipalities and communities benefiting from the project.
- Maintain permanent communication and send monthly reports or with the agreed periodicity to the project coordination.
- Correctly articulate the work carried out with the other areas or projects of the organization.
- Lead actions with caregivers of children and community actors to promote education for girls affected by the crisis.
- Carry out training processes for fathers, mothers and / or caregivers and community actors on children’s rights, participation and gender equity.
- Make the timely report of activities, achievements and lessons learned according to the schemes and structure of the monitoring and evaluation system of the organization.
- Participate in the preparation of narrative reports for project donors.
- Make use of the expenses in the field according to the procedures of the administrative area, the programmatic activities approved by the project coordinator.
- Perform timely accountability on project expenses.
- Lead the execution of personal and group security processes according to the provisions and procedures adopted by the organization.
- Act professionally and personally in honor of Save the Children’s mandate and the principles of humanitarian mission.
- Apply Save the Children’s safeguarding policy for children.
- Comply with Save the Children’s security policy and procedures.
- Others according to the level and responsibilities of the position.
Due to the mandate of Fundación Save the Children Colombia, the education officer, in the event of an emergency situation, is expected to have the flexibility to adapt to the additional tasks that he / she must attend to in his / her position, assuming schedules and tasks in accordance with to the requirements that the Fundación Save the Children Colombia defines.
The position requires exclusive work dedication at Save the Children.
- Professional in areas of education, educational psychology, degrees, pedagogy or other related disciplines.
- Desirable Specialization or master’s degree in social areas (preferably in development or education areas or emphasis)
- Availability to reside in Cúcuta or municipalities of the metropolitan area and constantly move around the project intervention areas.
- Extensive knowledge of the Colombian educational sector.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Three years of experience in accompanying educational improvement processes in elementary and middle school or in pedagogy or school management.
- One year or more of experience in social and / or educational projects with communities preferably affected by the armed conflict in Colombia or the migratory crisis at the border.
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge of the Colombian educational system.
- Extensive knowledge of children’s rights.
- Demonstrable capacity in planning, implementation, and monitoring of projects under a Results-Based Management system (development of logical frameworks and performance measurement frameworks).
- Strong and demonstrable ability to advance processes of collection, organization, consolidation and critical analysis of information, with an outstanding management of Office
- Strong written communication skills for the preparation of reports and other technical documents, taking into account the standards.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in an ever-changing environment
- High level of commitment to Save the Children’s values.
NOTE 1: By submitting to participate in this call, Save the Children is authorized to verify the personal information provided, as well as to make use of personal data for verification purposes in public and private databases related to our anti-policies. fraud, money laundering and financing of terrorism. The data used will be those indicated in the issued citizenship card.
NOTE 2: In any case, the solution to the technical test will be a criterion for the evaluation and selection of personnel, so the content will only be used for the purposes of the selection process and the intellectual property of the same will be respected, it does not generate in no remuneration whatsoever.
Resumes will be received from October 14 to 21, 2021.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmJlLjg4ODYzLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ