- September 23, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Vacancy Reference Number: EPC/EM/PROG-R1
Position title: Emergency Programme Coordinator
Reports to: Emergency Programmes Lead
Location: Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary guideline: (Up to) £23,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment: 12-Months’ Fixed Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period, Contract is Renewable / Extendable based on performance)
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: As and when suitable applicants identified.
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold an Interview either an ‘In Person’, via Telephone or via ‘Zoom’ with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Telephone Contact details within your application and also familiarise yourself with Zoom Meetings in good time.
Overview of Muslim Hands
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to coordinate our programmatic workaround Emergencies through an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities within this area by 2025.
The main purpose of the Role:
The emergency Programmes Coordinator will assist the Emergency Lead specifically in the target intervention. The EPC will be responsible for communication with the partners, day to day project management including, monitoring, reporting and risk managment. The EPC will also be responsible for quality assurance and enhanced accountability.
The EPC will report to the Emergency Programmes Lead.
- Supporting the need assessment process and the project design
- Ensure active participation of MH partners in all steps of the Programme Cycle Management and strengthening partners’ capacities by providing the training and the support
- Ensure the effective use of the internal programme management system (P3)
- Monitor programme work to maintain and/or improve the quality, incorporating learning in the programme and ensuring achievement of the desired impact
- Ensuring projects reports and documents are reviewed and and partners are provided reporting support
- Liaising with partners and programmes team to ensure uptodate learning and capacity training on a range of areas such as Gennder, Climate, DRR and programme Quality
- Helping individuals and the team to achieve objectives through day-to-day support,
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation
- Relevant international experience in humanitarian programming and planning, preferably in an international NGO
- Post Graduate Degree or Degree with equivalent work experience from a recognized University/college in Humanitarian Assistance or any other related area that can bring added value to the job;
- Excellent communicator with strong written and reporting skills.
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Commitment to Muslim Hands overall aims, policies and values.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and standards of programme quality in emergencies.
- Experience in designing and implementing emergency humanitarian interventions;
- Ability to work cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting with a number of long-distance working relationships across time zones;
- Experience in fast-paced and difficult emergency contexts;
- Evidence of professional excellence in related sectors.
- Extremely strong interpersonal and negotiating skills, enjoying building and maintaining a wide range of relationships
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
How to apply
Application Process & Closing Date: Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email [email@example.com, quoting vacancy reference number] by no later than 23rd October 2021