- December 22, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Expertise France is the French public agency for international technical assistance. The agency provides partner countries with knowledge, skills and management expertise in:
- Democratic, economic, and financial governance,
- Stability, international security and peace,
- Sustainable development, climate and agriculture,
- Health and human development.
Expertise France designs and implements cooperation projects addressing skills transfers between professionals. The agency also develops integrated offers, assembling public and private expertise in order to respond to the partner countries’ needs.
With a business volume of 192 million Euros, a portfolio of over 500 projects in 100 countries, and 63,000 days of expert missions every year, Expertise France promotes French and European development policy goals.
Description of position
Based in Amman, the position is under the direct management of the Administration and Finance Senior Manager.
She/he is in charge of accounting and cash management of the office in respect of internal processes and good practices.
She/he assists the Administrative and Financial Manager in her/his administrative and financial tasks.
MISSIONS : The main tasks entrusted to the Administrative and Financial Manager are as follows:
- Ensure compliance of accounting processes with EF and EU guidelines in collaboration with the Administrative and Finance Manager
- Issues Payment authorization forms and proceeds invoices payments after checking conformity of supporting documents
- Fills the Treasury Management Tool in conformity with the payments made
- Ensures archiving of accounting documents in conformity with the archive policy
- Ensures cash inventories and bank accounts reconciliations
- Ensures a systematic electronic archive in addition to the hard copies
- Assists the Administrative and Finance with various tasks, including preparing budgets, monthly and quarterly financial reports and cash forecasts
- Checks and ensures that all project invoices are aligned with the contract’s clauses and terms in coordination with the Administrative and Finance Manager
- Assist in the consolidation of the Budget Follow-ups in collaboration with the related departments
- Support in the preparation of the project audits and annual HQ audit and follow up on the recommendations.
- Manage the petty cash and report any discrepancy to the line manager (including but not limited to issuing cash payments, cash inventory, change operations)
- Manage EF bank accounts and prepare the bank reconciliation at the end of each month (including but not limited to preparation of checks and transfers, bank visits, money withdrawal, bank statements request)
- Together with the Administrative and Finance Manager, prepare the cash forecasts and cash requests to be submitted to EF – Paris in collaboration with all departments (mainly procurement and program)
- Conduct regular support duties (i.e.: English/Arabic translation, project related researches, financial and HR related benchmarks)
- Support the Administrative and Finance Manager with HR related tasks according to the needs (collection and archive of timesheets and leaves )
- Handle the relevant program administration according to EF Jordan rules and regulations (i.e.: staff advances, communication)
- University degree in a relevant field (business administration, finance, accounting, management)
- At least 3 years of experience in the nonprofit sector in administrative, accounting or financial support department
- Excellent MS Office skills, with proficiency using MS Excel is mandatory
- Precision and rigor
- Diplomacy and negotiating skills are priorities
- Good knowledge of international donors’ rules and regulations, especially EU regulations is a distinctive advantage
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Professional working knowledge of English & Arabic are required. French is an asset
- Good coordination and team work skills
Location : Amman, Jordan
Duration : 12 months renewable
How to apply
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com