- May 9, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Position Title: Intern – Graphic Designer (SDL/DHR)
Duty Station: Home-based
Classification: Intern, Grade Other
Type of Appointment: Internship, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 09 May 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Staff Development and Learning (SDL) is located within the Talent Management unit of the Department of Human Resources Management and is responsible for managing programmes and initiatives established in line with the learning and development needs of the organization. SDL colleagues are based in Geneva, Panama and Manila.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Staff Development and Learning and under the direct supervision of the Multimedia Editor, the Intern will assist in preparing the content for learning solutions development.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
The Intern will assist in the process of creating learning material by:
- Adapting existing communication materials into another communication formats, such as screensavers and banners.
- Adapting existing illustrations into the formats.
- Doing layout and assisting in the creation of Powerpoint presentations and templates.
- Transferring the text into AI voice using an audio tool.
- Inserting subtitles into videos.
- Translating from English to French.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Training Components and Learning Elements
- The Intern will gain experience in working in an international multicultural environment, within the United Nations system.
- The Intern will acquire technical knowledge of the role of graphics in learning development• The Intern will have the possibility to interact and create networks with IOM staff within Headquarters and IOM Missions.
Required Qualifications and Experience: Education
- University degree in Graphic Design is preferable.
- Experience with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals;
- Strong creative and analytical skills;
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work;
- In deep knowledge of using adobe softwares such as InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and
- Basic Knowledge in communication;• Team player;
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and Arabic is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Eligibility and Selection
In general, the Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates who:
- have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas relevant to IOMprogrammes and activities;
- are holding a scholarship for internship placements in international organizations and/or for whom internship is required to complete their studies; or
- are sponsored by governmental/non-governmental institutions and/or academia to work in specific areas relevant to both IOM and the sponsor.
- are either enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme(minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) or have graduated in the last 12 months. e) are between 20 and 36 years of age.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional enquiries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted.
- Depending on experience and location, IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs.
- Please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
How to apply:
To apply, interested applicants are invited to submit their applications HERE via the IOM e-Recruitment system by 10 May 2023.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 27.04.2023 to 10.05.2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: INT 2023 25 – Intern – Graphic Designer (Staff Development and Learning/Department of
Human Resources) – Homebased (57459212) Released
Posting: Posting NC57459213 (57459213) Released