- October 13, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
We are currently working on a bid with a potential client in Somalia.
An International Security Manager (ISM) is required to direct the workforce as well as to be the liaison with the SMSO and the Project Manager. The ISM must be available at all times to receive and implement orders or special instructions from the SMSO. In order to be available at all times, the International Security Manager shall be accommodated on site.
- Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent and attested police or/and military education or training or an award of an equivalent rank;
- Total professional experience of minimum 10 years.
- Valid Category ‘C’ driving license.
- IT and radio literate; conversant with Sat phones (e.g., Iridium, Thuraya) and GPS systems;
- Proficient user in English language (min. level required: C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Be physically able to perform all general duties, functions and activities.
Specific professional experience
- Professional experience of which minimum 5 years in a management position in an international operational environment (international is defined as a country outside the home nation of the applicant);
- Experience in Close Protection-related tasks of minimum 5 years;
- Professional experience in management of personnel for minimum of 5 years;
- Professional experience in management of personnel in large teams;
- Professional experience of working in Somalia is desirable, but not essential.
Will be responsible for managing a team.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.