- January 28, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
EnCompass LLC seeks a consultant to serve as an irrigation sector expert for the five-year Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Gender and Social Inclusion (GSI) Call Order in Lesotho. Under this project, the team will support all GSI activities under MCC Lesotho’s Compact II Improving Capital Investment (ICI) Project including: Institutional Reforms, Market-Driven Irrigated Horticulture Activity (MDIH), Technical Assistance Facility to Leverage Private Investment, and others. The work will also include cross-cutting work related to social safeguards, resettlement, counter trafficking-in person, women and youth in construction, gender-based violence, and social and behavior change, and gender and inclusion-focused legal, regulatory and administrative reforms, institutional capacity strengthening, community consultations and community participation and empowerment.
The following short-term positions include:
Irrigation Sector Expert II:
- A Master’s degree in agriculture or a closely related discipline is highly desirable.
- At least 10 years working on irrigation with a social focus, including 5 years of experience working on gender in irrigation.
- Understands women’s barriers and opportunities in agriculture, horticulture, and irrigation sectors in Lesotho.
- Experience with water user committees.
- Experience with public private dialogues.
- MCC or USG experience preferred
- Strong oral and written English skills.
- Based in southern Africa a strong advantage.
- Able (absent COVID-restrictions) to travel frequently to Lesotho.
- Reviewing and revising documents, supporting development of an agriculture and irrigation strategies to include women in the sector for MCC investments.
- Support the review of economic feasibility studies for irrigation development.
- Develop recommendations on strategy and program design.
How to apply
Please submit CV and cover letter on our website at https://app.ismartrecruit.com/jobDescription?x=E7pZW5jb21wYXNzd29ybGQuY29tXzQzOF9QUk9NT1RFVVJMX2VuQ9e.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.