- October 13, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
Under the direct supervision of the Head Cross Functional Unit, IT Planning & Support Section, the incumbent will guide and oversee the proper transition of services from design to on-going operations, focusing primarily on:
¿ IT Service Change Management; and
¿ IT Service Asset Management.
The incumbent¿s authority will extend over the areas of IT Service Change & Asset Management. The incumbent will provide guidance and oversee the compliance of external parties especially managed service providers or software development partners with UNHCR¿s standard policies and processes in the above areas so that infrastructure and software changes are deployed with high quality and in a coordinated manner.
The incumbent will be accountable for the proper transition of services from the design phase to on-going operations, including.
¿ Proper change management through the CAB (Change Advisory Board).
¿ Plan deployments through the Change Schedule and ensure they follow the proper IT Service Change Process and post-implementation reviews.
¿ Track assets; monitor exceptions; and
¿ Provide adequate knowledge management, especially relating to integration of the IT Asset management registers with Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
Principal lateral relationships for this position are to:
¿ All IT Service Delivery Management colleagues to ensure they are fully versed in and follow the established ITIL Change & Asset Management processes.
¿ The Applications and Infrastructure Managed Service Providers to ensure that they adhere to the established Change & Asset Management processes and that they maintain the information and data for which they have day-to-day responsibility in the IT Service Management platform.
¿ The Field Operations Support Section and the Emergency Preparedness and Support Section to ensure that the global IT warehouse is adequately stocked and that items are dispatched to field operations in a timely manner.
¿ Provide regular and ad-hoc reports to DIST Senior Management.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Manage the IT Service Change Management process to ensure proper change management throughout DIST.
- Own and maintain an up-to-date IT service Change Schedule and ensure it is available to change requestors and approvers to minimize conflicts and improve change efficiency.
- Facilitate regular Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings and prepare all meeting materials, publish meeting minutes, and track action items.
- Review IT service Change Requests for adherence to documented policies and procedures, including ensuring that the impact of change has been properly assessed.
- Raise and track IT Service Change Management related issues and conflicts, removes barriers, resolves issues, and escalate appropriately where required.
- Ensure proper IT Service Change Management and Asset Management related processes documentation is maintained on a regular basis to ensure compliance with enterprise governance policies and standards.
- Identify and drive initiatives in support of Continuous Process Improvements for the IT Service Change Management and Asset Management processes and drive the relationship with other Service Management Processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain IT Service Change Management and Asset management process requirements and standards and conduct regular audits to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Provide IT Service Change Management and Asset management processes training and education to ensure all participants in the process understand their roles and perform the functions required.
- Make certain that IT service assets are properly identified, controlled, recorded, reported, audited, and verified.
- Account for, manage and protect the integrity of IT service assets through the service lifecycle by ensuring that only authorised components are used, and only authorised changes are made.
- Review the IT asset register to identify aging and obsolete IT equipment and schedule its replacement on a timely basis.
- Manage the global IT stockpile to ensure that adequate stock of essential IT equipment is maintained; that items are dispatched to field operations on a timely basis; that cost recovery is in place; and replenishments are executed based on the most urgent needs.
- Create a culture of operational excellence and continual improvement which can be effectively measured and demonstrated.
- Capture and publish metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and other operational reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Information Technology, Communication Technology, Information Systems,
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
A minimum of 6 years ICT experience with at least 4 years¿ recent experience in an IT Service Change Manager and/or Asset Manager roles with special focus on IT Service Change & Asset Management.
Experience managing others in providing IT support in the area of IT Service Transition.
Experience leading a matrixed team to ensure collaboration and effective operations.
Proven experience in implementing and supporting ITIL processes.
Proven ability to create a continuous improvement culture with measurable results.
Recent experience with leading IT Service Management tools, especially change management and asset/configuration management tools.
Proven track record of creating, reviewing, and managing technical documentation.
The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams.
Familiarity with change and asset management tools such as ServiceNow.
Knowledge of UNHCR¿s technical and operational environments, especially knowledge of Microsoft desktop and data center technologies (Windows, Microsoft O365 suite, Active Directory, Azure,).
Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning Software) software.
The ability to manage IT projects to completion and to learn from issues and incorporate improvements in future efforts.
The ability to track and manage risk at various stages of IT projects, especially in the context of new releases or major deployments.
The ability to manage internal as well as external resources, such as vendors and managed service providers.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to apply on the UNHCR career page at www.unhcr.org/careers – by clicking on the Vacancies tab and entering job ID 30156.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date is Wednesday 20 October 2021 (midnight Geneva time).