- June 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CDD | 12 months | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization. It pursues a dual mandate of emergency and development responses and operates in 40 countries deeply affected by conflicts, natural disasters and/or socio-economic vulnerabilities. 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff collaborate and allow ACTED to implement 500 projects per year with activities reaching more than 20 million beneficiaries in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED intervenes in the last mile of humanitarian action by adopting an approach that goes beyond the immediate response, in order to develop opportunities for sustainable development. Guided by its motto “Think local, Act global” as well as its 3 Zeros strategy (Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon and Zero Poverty), ACTED puts territories at the center of its action and develops activities adapted to the needs of beneficiaries.
Since 2012, ACTED has been mobilized in Mali in response to the complex crisis and the structural and economic challenges facing the country, with interventions that combine emergency operations and development programs. ACTED teams (today 11 international employees and 160 national employees) have supported more than 1 million people in 6 regions of Mali: Ségou, Mopti, Gao, Menaka, Timbuktu and Bamako.
Main role and responsibilities
1.Monitoring the implementation of projects
- Ensure the organization of start-up and closing meetings for each project on time.
- Ensure that all projects have an implementation strategy and action plan.
- With the Area Coordinator and Project Managers, plan the different stages of implementation and establish a framework by organizing and prioritizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
Project implementation and monitoring
- Supervise the implementation of projects by ensuring that technical requirements and quality standards are taken into account and respected on an ongoing basis for the duration of the project.
- Anticipate and mitigate the risk of delays and provide ad-hoc support, in particular by resolving problems on an ongoing basis and finding solutions to sticking points.
- Monitor project implementation, cash flow, expenditure rates and ensure project closure through the review of PMFs, BFUs and project reports.
- Ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled at the close of projects.
Project quality control
- Ensure the practical application in the field of a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan/system for each project.
- Conduct frequent field visits to monitor activities and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Advise the Zone Coordinator and the Project Managers to readjust the projects according to the results of the evaluations and controls.
- Advise and assist the AMEU team during project reviews.
- With the AMEU team, ensure that lessons learned and proven best practices are taken into account in projects in the area.
- Support Project Managers by regularly reviewing partnerships with implementers and ensuring that all issues and disagreements are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide support to partners to ensure a qualitative and timely implementation of projects in line with ACTED and donor requirements.
- Conduct project review meetings with partners, paying particular attention to the quality of the partnership relationship and collaboration.
- Establish, maintain and develop active and regular professional relations with local authorities and when necessary with non-state actors and obtain the authorizations and access required for ACTED’s activities.
- Support, facilitate or initiate communication and liaison activities by consulting and involving beneficiaries, key informants and actors, partners, at all stages of the project.
- Ensure that contacts with beneficiaries are conducted with tact and respect at all times.
2.Administrative and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Review BFU(s) to avoid budget overruns and underspending.
- Ensure the accuracy of the provisional budget and efficient cash management.
- Contribute to the development of project purchasing plans.
- Contribute to quality controls and purchasing committees to select suppliers according to applicable scenarios.
- Ensure that purchases are made on time and in compliance with rules of origin and nationality.
- Participate in a transparent and timely recruitment of project staff (make organizational charts, ToRs, develop recruitment tests).
- Proactively support Project Managers and Area Coordinators to adapt team structures to needs and funding
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and monitor the career management of project teams in relation to the CD.
- Ensure a supportive work environment and good team dynamics.
- Manage interpersonal conflicts.
- Strengthen the skills of team members.
- Ensure that reports and documents (FLATS files, beneficiary lists, grant certificates, attendance sheets etc.) are done correctly, filed and archived according to ACTED procedures.
- Ensure team members are aware of and adhere to ACTED’s code of conduct and FLATS procedures.
- With the security “focal points”, assess the risks in the project implementation areas, and develop MOSS and SOPs specific to the
- Ensure team members are aware of security threats and adhere to ACTED security policies, MOSS and SOPs accordingly.
- Support FLATS teams and Project Managers to ensure compliance with ACTED policies and procedures, and organize trainings and presentations, if necessary.
- Ensure that all financial issues between ACTED and partners are addressed and that satisfactory solutions for all are adopted in time.
- In collaboration with the FLATS teams, review the “due diligence” of the partners or conduct new ones and carry out appropriate organizational development work plans in a given time.
- Oversee, with the full participation of partners, the development of a training framework and action plans.
- Ensure that partners provide all documents required by ACTED and its donors in a timely manner and according to ACTED standards.
Qualifications and skills required
- Graduate studies (Masters)
- Writing skills
- Experience abroad in management positions of at least 3 years.
- Knowledge of the area is an asset.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Experience in managing large, national and international teams
- Experience in project management, particularly with an institutional component
- Experience in the field of community participation, the link with local authorities
- Management and administration skills
- Flexibility, adaptation, resistance to stress
- Patience and negotiation skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid based on level of education, expertise, level of security and level of experience
- Living allowance de 300 USD
- Housing and food covered by ACTED: accommodation in a guesthouse or housing allowance (depending on the duration of the contract and the country)
- Return flight tickets and Visa supported by ACTED
- Social security, mutual (MSH) and repatriation assistance (SOS International) supported by ACTED
How to apply
Send your application (CV and cover letter) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) under Ref: DCD Ops/MAL
Please note that ACTED does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.