- December 18, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Fixed Term | 12 months | ASAP
For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
As of February 24th, 2022, Acted deployed an emergency team in Moldova to support people who were affected by the conflict in Ukraine and had to cross the border.
Since then, Acted Moldova has developed to support all the most vulnerable and marginalized population of the country (refugees, stateless and Moldovan).
As UNHCR main implementing partner Acted is still in charge of:
- Transportation from the borders to several destinations in Moldova.
- Organizing site management support activities including infrastructure, distribution, coordination and information management in all Moldova’s RACs.
- Deploying a team of case workers around the country to ensure proper case management is delivered and the most vulnerable individuals are supported.
- Implementing Cash for Rent assistance to support refugee in mid-long terms accommodation and support the governement and the UN exit strategy.
To anticipate and support Moldova as a whole, Acted started implementing in 2023 Disaster Risk Reduction programming targeting Moldovan CSO and private sector in order to improve the country self-resilience.
In addition, and seeing the dire needs in Moldova Acted is developing 5 main pillars of activities which will cover both Moldovan and refugee:
- Infrastructure and shelter
- Protection and Civil Society
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Waste and Ressource Management
- Socio – Economical development of rural areas
You will be in charge of
The Project Coordinator ensures all projects in the sector run in a smooth and cost-efficient manner and in compliance with Acted’s and donors’ procedures and legal requirements.
1. Project Implementation Follow-up
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation Follow-up
- Project Quality Control
- Implementing Partners
- External Relations
2. Administrative and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Implementing Partners
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least four years of field experience in program management and coordination
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
Ability to train, mobilize, and manage experienced staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Salary between 2500 and 2700€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of Acted benchmark or accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: CPC/MDA
Please note that Acted will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.