- October 27, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Under the general supervision of the Director, Coordination Office for the Mediterranean and Chief of Mission in Italy and Malta, the coordination of the Head of the Migration Management Unit (MMU) and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator/Manager, the incumbent will be acting as Operations Assistant within the Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) project “RI.VOL.A.RE. in RE.TE.”.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Liaise with IOM Missions in transit countries and in countries of origin to organize the provision of airport assistance to returnees during travel and upon arrival;
- Prepare payment requests to Admin/Finance Unit for pre-departure installation grants, as well as receipts of the first installment of financial contribution to be signed by returnees upon departure;
- Disburse reinstallation grant and info letter for migrants with reintegration support upon departure and provide returnees with departure assistance at the airport, in coordination with relevant local authorities;
- Make necessary travel arrangements; request and finalize the bookings/ticketing for all movements related to the IOM Italy’s activity through the Amadeus system and IOM’s selected travel agencies;
- Prepare Advance Booking Notifications (ABNs) as well as other documentation in preparation of returnees’ travel;
- Check all air company invoices against the list of IOM movements for consistency;
- Update the IOM internal data base (including Mimosa and I-Gator databases) for all the returnees, completed with the Proflight (PF) number, date of departure and estimated relevant costs for each departure;
- Meet the returning migrants upon arrival to Rome when in transit and before departure;
- Organize migrants’ stay in Rome (hotel accommodation, purchase of meals, special needs, etc.) and the picking-up of travel documents at the respective Embassy/Consulate, if needed;
- Directly contact the returnees and/or the referral network staff in order to confirm migrants’ departure schedule;
- Assist with possible unforeseen events such as no-shows or departing flights delays in an efficient manner, in close cooperation with the IOM Rome’s movement section;
- Follow-up with the IOM Rome Admin/Finance Unit all aspects related to payments, invoices and reimbursement of different carriers;
- Perform other tasks related to the execution of the project, as assigned by the Project Coordinator/Manager.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma with four years of relevant professional experience, or
- University Degree from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in ticketing, including the use of Amadeus is required;
- Experience with IOM programmes such as MiMOSA and iGATOR is an advantage;
- Experience providing direct assistance to vulnerable groups;
- Experience in liaison with service providers, airport staff and Border Police;
- Previous work experience in Airlines and travel agencies is an asset;
- Experience working in a multicultural team.
- Certified user of Amadeus;
- Familiarity with administrative procedures;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft tools, including Excel.
- Fluency in Italian and English is required (oral and written);
- Any other language is considered an asset.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Italy will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com by 12 November2023 at 23:59 (CET – Rome time), including the following documents:
a) CV or PHF
b) Cover Letter
c) Questionnaire on Mandatory Requirements (Page 5)
The reference code VN 2023 34 EXT Operations Assistant (AVRR)_SURNAME Name must be clearly indicated in the e-mail subject otherwise the application will not be correctly routed.
The VN can be find here.
Candidates who do not possess the above requested qualifications will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, soon after the closing of the Vacancy.