About the role
Supporting Crown Agents to deliver effective and efficient programmes and services to our clients, acting as a centre of excellence, challenge and support. Contribute to CA’s success through strong project management and support to team leaders to deliver profitable results, manage risk and ensure client impact is well communicated.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Work closely with PPM to contribute to effective and timely delivery of the ‘Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination Neglected Tropical Disease’ (ASCEND) programme.
Contribute to establishing the PMO as a centre of excellence as a knowledgeable programme manager and trusted advisors for internal and external clients. Manage Crown Agents’ projects in line with corporate procedures and identify opportunities for continuous improvement and growth, this includes on-selling the project and supporting business winning activities.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
Lead on and coordination of Third Party Monitoring (TPM)
- Work alongside the MEL Consultant to lead on and coordinate timely and quality input to TPM processes and requests, including obtaining internal approvals
- Lead on HQ Action Plan coordination and implementation in line with TPM recommendations
- Maintain and regularly update internal action plan to ensure systems and processes are following as outlined in the TPM self -assessment
- Work alongside PPM to lead on internal compliance related to all aspects of TPM
- Maintain tracker of key deliverables to TPM and ensure regular follow-up with ASCEND consortium partner and relevant programme staff
- Chair weekly TPM meeting and ensure communication of key discussion and action points to respective programme staff
Ensuring Excellent Programme Management Support:
- Regular review of PMO internal compliance requirements and ensure ASCEND is fully complaint
- Contribute to regular update of ASCEND risk and issue register, timely escalation to PPM
- Attend internal PIU meetings and ensure accurate note taking and tracking of actions at CA level
- Responsible for maintaining the folders on the programme SharePoint site in line with the project naming protocols and tagging system
- Maintain excellent relations with stakeholders and liaise with client, consortium partner and other relevant individuals and organisations as required
- Undertake project management visits to ASCEND countries, as and when required
- Escalate any issues to the Principal Programme Manager as appropriate
Project Finance and Administration Management:
- Monitor, in collaboration with local finance staff/PM/Finance Manager (FM), project and partner expenditure against approved budgets and ensure invoicing is on time and in line with agreed reporting
- Assist the PPM and Project Accountant in the preparation of programme financial reports and internal cash flow and budget projections for internal and external purposes;
- Arrange for timely payment of suppliers and contractors with the project accountant
- Support PPM with the review CA and partners’ expense reports and ensure they are compliant with the client requirements and correct coding
- Support PPM with the review of CA and partners’ forecast as and when necessary
Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
• A relevant post-graduate degree, desirable
• Relevant government or private sector experience in MEL
• Proven ability to identify, develop and win new opportunities
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.