- January 9, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About the International Center on Small Hydro Power
International Center on Small Hydro Power (ICSHP) is a public and non-profit institution directly under the auspices of the United Nations Industrial and Development Organization (UNIDO), China’s Ministry of Water Resources and Ministry of Commerce. ICSHP serves as the headquarters of the International Network on Small Hydro Power (INSHP), which is an international organization with more than 400 members from across the globe.
The World Small Hydropower Development Report Project
The World Small Hydropower Development Report (WSHPDR) is the triennial joint publication of ICSHP and UNIDO and aims to provide in-depth information on small hydropower development across regions. The purpose of the report is to more effectively promote small hydropower as a sustainable renewable and rural energy solution. The first edition of the report was published in 2013 and three more were issued in 2016, 2019 and 2022. The 2022 edition comprised 166 country reports, 20 regional reports, 1 global overview, 12 case studies and 3 thematic reports. The 2022 edition will be officially launched in the International Vienna Energy and Climate Forum (IVECF), on November 2-3, 2023. The fifth edition will be published in 2025 and will provide an update and expand on the first four editions by improving data accuracy, enhancing analysis and giving a more comprehensive overview of the policy landscapes and project funding opportunities across regions.
The Multilateral Development Division of ICSHP is seeking 2 Programme Officers (Report Officers) to help with the preparation of the WSHPDR 2025. It is voluntary work with pocket money provided, which is enough to meet additional needs. Candidate is required to conduct the following tasks:
- Communication with report authors around the world. Responsible for the daily communication with experts and authors. Answering their inquiries on the report requirement, latest arrangement, and provide feedback on reports and other information, etc. Assist in ensuring ICSHP authors and membership growth and value of membership.
- Responsible for contacting authors who cannot be reached through methods such as email, phone, etc. And timely find alternative authors according to project progress requirements.
- Drafting, editing and proofreading of country chapters, regional summaries and other sections of the report.
- Research small hydropower status in countries and regions, write related country report if needed.
- Verify the data accuracy and responsible for inputting and updating global Small Hydropower data and information.
- Coordinate with the authors and the UNIDO team to handle relevant report and data requirements.
Qualifications, experience and essential skills
A bachelor’s degree is required. Work experience in the energy sector (particularly hydropower), report publishing or database will be considered as an asset. Candidate is expected to have following skills:
- Native or advanced English level. Strong English reading skills, text editing and writing abilities, and self-learning abilities.
- Proficient in using office software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Great project management skill, ability to plan, prioritise and deliver tasks on time.
- Careful, patient, strong sense of responsibility.
- Great team player, have strong logical thinking ability and be able to work well together with others.
- Hardworking and with ideas and enthusiasm for the report producing and database building.
- Other languages skill (preferred: French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, German).
The headquarters of ICSHP is located in Hangzhou, China. The admitted candidates will need to apply for the F Visa generally or to be already based in China and be able to relocate to Hangzhou. We will provide administrative to support for your F Visa application.
The candidates to be based at ICSHP headquarters will be employed on a full-time basis (8:30-16:30 Monday to Friday) and provided with free and secure accommodation in the ICSHP building for the entire duration of the stay, and with free breakfasts and lunches from Monday to Friday. Salary (pocket money) will be discussed separately with the selected candidates
Length of contract is for 6 months initially (with the option to extend to one year).
How to apply
ICSHP is looking to fill the position as soon as possible and the applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The applicants with suitable profiles will be invited for an interview.
If you have the appropriate skills and experience for this role, we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining how your skills and attributes align with the role (applications without a cover letter will not be considered). These documents should be sent by email to International Center on Small Hydro Power (ICSHP), the email address is: email@example.com.