- September 24, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
UNOPS is undertaking a project that aims at increasing access to primary and secondary health services facilities (general hospitals, local health centers, and therapeutic feeding centres) in Yemen, through restoring the physical infrastructure of health facilities (rehabilitation, maintenance works and minor repairs) in targeted areas.
UNOPS will be responsible for the design and rehabilitation works of the health facilities, ensuring highest standards in design and rehabilitation works, and respect of ‘state of the art’ requirements for safety, sustainability, security, and disability access. In addition, UNOPS will be responsible to provide the targeted facilities with priority medical equipment and supplies, as well as strengthening capacities through conducting training and awareness raising activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager the Project management support- officer will be responsible for efficient reviewing, monitoring and evaluation of the project has planned activities and implementation progress and will promote a client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations and will work in close collaboration with the project teams in Yemen, respective units in the Amman Operational Hub, and local participating partners to ensure reviewing activities in support of successful planning and implementation of the project’s components.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
UNOPS is committed to achieving a truly diverse workforce.**
Under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager, the Project Management Support – Associate will be responsible for:
- Prepare terms of reference for contractors and consultants and prepare recruitment requests;
- Assist with the translation of project documents to and from Arabic and English;
- Support logistical preparations for training events, seminars and workshops;
- Support of all aspects of project implementation and service delivery in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulations; ;
- Monitor the provision of services by contractors and consultants in coordination with the field personnel and/ or relevant partners;
- Coordinate the preparation of financial reports sent by contractors and consultants before handing over to operations section;
- Receive and check technical outputs sent by contractors and consultant before submitting to administrative section;
- Preparing for, and organizing of project meetings, conferences and trainings which includes support in preparing presentation materials , data collection , drafting reports and minutes of meetings and all necessary logistics ;
- Support in drafting of regular project progress reports to UNOPS management, donor and other recipients;
- Work in close collaboration with other UNOPS projects and participate in UNOPS management/planning exercises as required;
- Support the planning, reporting, project design and resource mobilization efforts of UNOPS in providing technical services;
- Supports the project management office to ensure all project administration tasks are completed in accordance with customer and internal processes and governance;
- Perform any other duties as might be required for the successful implementation of the projects.
- High School Diploma with a combination of 6 years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, Finance, Logistics, International Relations, Monitoring or other relevant discipline
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of 2 years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, Finance, Logistics, International Relations, Monitoring or other relevant discipline
- 6 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor ; experience in project management , or Finance , or M&E or administration or a collective of all is preferred.
- Experience in complex operating contexts, including humanitarian coordination mechanisms, donors, security, and operations management is an asset;
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN /UNOPS rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage.
Fluency in English and Arabic languages is required