Overview about Bunyan Organization:
Independent non-profit organization care about the Syrian affairs, established in 2004
where it started its activities in the city of Aleppo north of Syria and was licensed in turkey in 2014
Bonyan’s refugee response program is structured around three axes: education, protection, and livelihoods.
People’s development makes them prepared and responsible aiming to the rise of the Syrian society and the creation of its civilization.
We work to improve the Quality of Education and strengthen the values to contribute to the rise of the Syrian society.
Proficiency – Initiative – Welfare – Abundance
Job Title: PSS Worker
Job Code: TR-PSS-Worker-2051
Reported to: Program Manager
Contract Type: Full Time
The selected person will be responsible for child protection component of the project as well as for organizing PSS activities for a diverse population of eager students in a transient educational environment in Bonyan Organization’s Youth Center in Gaziantep, within the context of a project supported and jointly implemented by Still I Rise.
This position involves working both independently and with a teaching team.
The trainer will work under the supervision of the Education Manage, and will be an inspiring, proactive, and energetic person with strong mentoring abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create individual behavioral support strategies for students.
- Address behavioral issues among children.
- Support traumatized children.
- Report child concerns with the Program Manager where appropriate.
- Run 1:1 session if needed, as well as group PSS sessions.
- In charge of child protection and safeguarding monitoring and reporting.
- Follow up, together with Program Manager, any referral of child protection concerns as well as child safeguarding issues.
- Work closely with teachers to assess and refer children in need of additional support.
University degree in Psychology, Occupational Therapy, or Social Services, and preferred educational qualification diploma degree holders.
- Experience with vulnerable adolescents
- At least two years of experience as a trainer or facilitator in education
- Good IT skills including use of MS Office, Google Drive, Trello and Slack.
- Experience working in a non-profit is a plus.
- Fluency in English language written and oral
- Turkish nationals only
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching skills
- Self-starter/able to use own initiative.
- Team player
- Ability to retain and maintain confidentiality
- Relates warmly to young people and refugee community
- Awareness of own limitations and when to seek help/advice
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis
- Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging and changing environment
How to apply
The Interested applicants are kindly requested to follow this link to apply https://form.bonyan.ngo/TR-PSS-Worker-2051 and attach the CV (CV should be named by the full name of applicant and make sure it has been uploaded before submit).
Bunyan is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates to apply.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted through the personal Email which has been mentioned in the job application form