- May 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Regional Senior Administrative Assistant will serve as the focal point for country and D.C. staff in day-to-day administrative matters and program support.
- Coordinate logistical and administrative matters for the team, including meeting schedules, travel arrangements, and financial reconciliations, and alongside the respective program managers and administrative teams.
- Provide administrative support for proposal and work plan development, assisting with the creation of budgets and budget notes, and other annexes, as needed.
- Provide logistical support to teams during trainings, events and implementation of other program activities, as needed.
- Coordinate the regular maintenance of the team’s respective country pages on the public NDI website, in consultation with program managers.
- As needed, assist in translating documents, including trip agendas, correspondence and other program documents.
- Track country team-related activities and events.
- Develop and maintain country team tracking systems for programmatic and financial data, including timely submission of country and/or partner reports and deliverables, donor reports and program expenditures and projections, in collaboration with the respective program manager.
- Ensure timely entry of indicator data into relevant MEL trackers and assist with data visualization of MEL data for reports.
- Research and share best administrative practices in DC and with other country and regional teams.
- Assist in training new team members and coordinating staff development on administrative, logistical and NDI-related procedures.
- Coordinate with program staff, short-term consultants, trainers, and observer delegates and NDI’s travel agent and the operations team to support staff travel and events.
- Help streamline monitoring of procurement processes and personal service contracts in coordination with the respective program managers and administrative teams.
- Monitor the tracking and distribution of team office supplies and equipment, including computers/laptops, and other electronic equipment for program participants.
- Assist the Regional Director in tracking country office registration processes and/or security protocols.
- Assist with managing and coordinating team retreats, meetings and other events.
Peripheral Accountabilities/Responsibilities (Non-essential)
- Act as a back-up for other team members as needed.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Incumbent operates under general supervision, receives direction on most processes and methods and is assigned most work.
- Incumbent regularly interacts with staff at all levels within NDI.
- Some interaction with external funders and partners is required when necessary to support the provision of information or clarify information necessary for program operations and administration activities.
- Associate’s degree, preferably in international studies or business, or a related field, or equivalent experience. A Bachelor’s degree in a similar discipline is a plus
- Two years of relevant experience, preferably in a similar role/organization.
- Previous experience with event planning and management, as well as basic expense and invoice management as well as budget tracking, are highly desired.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment; deadline and detailed oriented; requires little oversight to complete tasks.
- Ability to be creative and to proactively identify procedures and policies to improve the overall efficiency and organization of established administrative systems.
- Capacity to work both independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster productive business relationships and effective interaction with staff and vendors.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Excellent grammar, punctuation and editing skills.
- Ability to know when to ask questions and seek guidance when necessary.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Excel spreadsheet applications, and internet-based content research. Proficiency with accounting, expense reporting, project tracking software is highly desired.
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired. Basic database skills are desired.
- Fluency in Spanish required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations, if necessary.
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information.
- None required.
This position generally is performed in an office environment and may be suitable for partial telework.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required, as well as attendance at external events.
- Sitting/mobility—to work at a desk and move around work areas.
- Speaking/hearing—to engage orally in conversation with others and conduct presentations.
- Seeing—to effectively use a computer screen and for reading and interpreting printed materials, memos and other paperwork.
- Reaching/handling—to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This is a union position to be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 2.
Candidates must be legally eligible and authorized to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
While there may be flexibility for remote/hybrid work environments and to comply with tax and legal obligations, successful candidates must be residents of MD, DC, or VA or relocate prior to the start of employment at NDI.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical-related condition.
To apply for this position, please visit the NDI website at: www.ndi.org/careers.
How to apply
Current Openings | National Democratic Institute (salesforce-sites.com)