- November 5, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
This position can be based in: Panama, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Peru
Regional Technology for Development (T4D) Specialist
The Save the Children Regional Technology for Development (T4D) Specialist will ensure all aspects of projects using technology innovation to deliver programmes for children in the LAC Regional Office and support for country office programmes.
These aspects include participating and contributing to new proposal development that have technology components with the programmes and operations teams; Adopting and reusing existing technology products and services in new and/or existing projects within Save the Children; Building partnerships and networks with technology partners, start-ups and learning institutions to build or enhance SCI ICT4D capacity, capability and knowledge in using technology to deliver programmes for children and ensuring all staff are able to access highly functioning, consistent technology.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- A degree in Computing Sciences/ Information Technology or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar role
- Possess the ability to understand and manage structured query language (SQL), Knowledge of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), ‘object-oriented database management systems’ (OODBMS) and/ or XML database management systems
- Experience with database-driven web applications including having an up-to-date knowledge of the technology for development approaches, hands-on experience working with heterogeneous software systems; understanding of JSON data encoding.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Experience working with users and other stakeholders in technology projects to translate their needs and goals for the technology use into clear, actionable technical requirements for system design, selection and implementation.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities; strong communication and interpersonal skills in English and Spanish, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, value-driven teams.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c21hcnRpbmV6Ljc3OTg5LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ