- December 19, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Trócaire is an International NGO. We work with local partners among the world’s most at-risk communities and with people in
Ireland to tackle the underlying causes of poverty and injustice and respond to the crises they create. Together we bring
about positive and lasting change for a just world. Trócaire works in up to 20 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and
the Middle East. We work towards five goals:
• Defend Human Rights and Promote Access to Justice;
• Achieve Climate & Environmental Justice;
• Ensure Women & Girls’ Protection, Voice & Influence;
• Save Lives and Protect Human Dignity and
• Mobilise the Public on the island of Ireland to achieve Global Justice.
Our work is rooted in our values of Solidarity, Courage, Participation, Perseverance and Accountability.
Trocaire is recruiting a Resilience Officer, who will be supporting the day-to-day implementation of a growing donor funded
Resilience/Climate Change programme. This programme of work in Somalia is delivered in partnership with stakeholders
and local organisations to tackle the root causes of poverty, injustice and violence, supporting people to use their power to
create positive and lasting change. The ideal candidate will provide technical support to partners on resilient livelihoods
development and natural resource management, particularly on any work that deals with agricultural development,
agroecology, rangeland management, market system development and food security.
The Resilience Officer will work in close collaboration with the Resilience Manager, DRR and Peace Building Officer and the
broader programme team to achieve programme results.
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary
The role will report to the Resilience Programme Manager.
Safeguarding Programme Participants-Children & Adults
Trócaire is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and has specific policies on
this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff,
consultants, and other organisational representatives. More information on Trócaire’s safeguarding policies available here.
Diversity and inclusion:
We welcome diverse applicants to join our inclusive workforce.
Trócaire is an equal opportunities employer. We are an organisation that embraces diversity and inclusion. We welcome
applicants from diverse backgrounds and clan groups to bring their experiences and perspectives to Trócaire.
• Third level qualification in Development, Humanitarian, or related field of study.
• Minimum of three years experience in a similar role.
• Familiarity with key development issues and current affairs especially in relation to Resilience building and
Climate Change adaptation in Somalia.
• Experience in partner capacity strengthening.
• Experience of working and living in Gedo
• Ability to present information and decisions related to Trócaire’s work in a transparent and effective
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Cultural sensitivity and respect.
• Ability to present concise reports, reflecting the problems and possible solutions.
• Flexible and willing to work additional hours to ensure that the required results are delivered.
• High level of reliability, objectivity and honesty.
• Strong coordination skills specifically with the ability to effectively coordinate with local partners and among
internal team members (technical, finance, management).
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office).
• Willingness to work and live in Gedo.
How to apply
Terms and Conditions
This is a fixed-term contract for 12 months, with possible extension.
For the Candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trocaire Offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th December 2023.
please see job description attached.
please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (quoting the job title
above) To https://apply.workable.com/trocaire/j/433C703173/