- October 25, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
HIAS seeks a Roster & Deployment Associate to join the International Human Resources team. This individual will be responsible for working cross-departmentally to support internationally based HQ staff and the recruitment and maintenance of HIAS’ rosters to support all efforts in our global mobility. This role will support the Roster & Deployment Manager to update and manage our rosters as a global resource with pre-screened talent demonstrating strong backgrounds in emergency response and complex humanitarian programming. This role will also support in the ongoing management of all deployment initiatives, including the upkeep and organization of our emergency roster, all onboarding and duty of care checks with active expats. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, committed, and driven individual with an interest in Human Resources/Global Mobility and who seeks to provide organizational strength.
- Provides support in various day-to-day operations to both the International Human Resources team and the Emergency Department.
- Supports in management and maintenance of HIAS’ emergency response expat, volunteer and consultant roster landing lists.
- Maintains personnel data, including personnel files, policies and procedures, and other administrative records.
- Assists in the preparation of onboarding materials, as well as various trainings around policies and procedures, etc.
- Supports in cross-departmental coordination to ensure safety and security prerequisites are clearly defined and in place for deployments.
- Schedules onboarding calls with various departments for all new international HQ and deployed staff.
- Works with hiring managers to develop and release job postings on relevant job boards.
- Manages day-to-day recruitment initiatives for the Emergency Roster and coordinates with hiring managers in screening resumes and job applications.
- Schedules all screening calls and panel interviews for all Emergency Roster recruitment, and manages all reference checks and background checks.
- Maintains time and attendance records for international HQ and deployed staff.
- Assists with payroll processing in coordination with the Roster & Deployment Specialist and Global Payroll Manager for international assignee staff.
- Supports in maintenance of health insurance, retirement and monthly fringe rates for international assignee staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- 1-2 years of experience in human resources, international operations and/or talent acquisition.
- Foreign language strongly desired; French, Arabic and/or Spanish fluency preferred.
- Advanced communication and organization skills.
- High emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, communicative, independent and reliable.
- Strong cross-cultural skills or knowledge.
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice.
- Willingness to work after hours and/or on weekends, as needed, during emergency activation.
- Travel, to include travel to insecure operating environments, may be required.
We are committed to a fair and respectful hiring process, and we do our absolute best to respond to every applicant. We prioritize communication and transparency with all candidates, even those who are not moving forward. Here’s a snapshot of our hiring process:
Step 1: Submit your application!
Step 2: Phone screen with a HIAS recruiter.
Step 3: Video interview with the hiring manager.
Step 4: Video interview with a panel of HIAS employees.
Step 5: Online reference check with SkillSurvey.
Step 6: Offer and background check with Shield Screening or ESR.
Step 7: Start your professional journey with HIAS!
Note: Some of our hiring processes may vary, and not all candidates will advance to each step.
Over one hundred years ago, the Jewish community founded HIAS (originally the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society) in New York City, the immigrant gateway to America. Supporting Jews fleeing persecution and poverty in Eastern Europe, our founders were guided by the traditions, texts and history of the Jewish people—a history of oppression, displacement and diaspora. HIAS has since helped generations of Jews facing violence because of who they were, and HIAS remains committed to helping Jewish refugees anywhere in the world. Today, our clients at HIAS come from diverse faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds, as do our staff. We bring our experience, history and values to our work across five continents, ensuring that refugees today receive the vital services and opportunities they need to thrive.
HIAS is a learning community, committed to diversity and inclusion. We do our work with integrity, accountability, transparency and a commitment to the highest ethical standards. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our teams located in the United States and across the globe. People who identify as BIPOC, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQ+ community and people with lived experiences of forced displacement or immigration are all encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our vision, mission and values.
HIAS stands for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety and opportunity.
Drawing on our Jewish values and history, HIAS provides vital services to refugees and asylum seekers around the world and advocates for their fundamental rights so they can rebuild their lives.
Welcome • Acogimiento • Hospitalité • Hachnasat Orchim
We Welcome the Stranger
Justice • Justicia • Justice • Tzedek
We Pursue Justice
Empathy • Empatía • Empathie • Chesed
We Approach our Clients with Empathy
Partnership • Compañerismo • Coopération • Chevruta
We Believe in Changing the World through Partnership
Courage • Coraje • Courage • Ometz
We Act with Courage to Build a Better World
Resilience • Resiliencia • Résilience • Ruach
We Adapt and Thrive, Continuously Demonstrating our Resilience
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.
HIAS is committed to the protection of children, vulnerable adults and any other person from any harm caused directly or indirectly due to their coming into contact with HIAS. We will not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or any form of child abuse or neglect by our staff or associated personnel. Any candidate offered a job with HIAS will be expected to sign and adhere to HIAS’ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records. HIAS also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. Likewise, HIAS will share this information when other organizations inquire about current and former HIAS staff as part of their recruitment process. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and application to our website: Roster & Deployment Associate – Careers At HIAS (hrmdirect.com)