- December 20, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of Position
- Our client is undertaking a project that aims to restore access to critical urban service in selected cities within the Republic of Yemen under Yemen Integrated Urban Services Emergency Project – phase 2 (YIUSEP-II). One of these services is energy services.
- Our client will be responsible for the design & implementation works of PV solar systems & diesel gensets that will increase the targeted facilities’ reliability & service capacity. All of that to be done ensuring highest standards in design & respect of ‘state of the art’ requirements for aesthetics, safety & sustainability.
The purpose & scope of the assignment is to hire professional consultant engineer who will be able to provide a variety of engineering services required by our client, under instructions & directions of the Project Manager, Renewable Energy Specialist & City Engineer. The engineering services desired include, but are not limited to:
Prepare of design studies:
The scope is to prepare technical designs, Bill of Quantities (BOQ) & tender documents of solar system & / or genset system solutions to target facilities in accordance with our clients guidelines & standards. This will include but not limited to:
Carry out field visits to target facilities, which may include traveling to various governates to:
- Inspect & verify the actual needs.
- Consult with the facility’s management & administration about the expected needs.
- Identify the required space for system required components such as solar PV panels, distribution & control boards, batteries, diesel generators & fuel.
- Identify connection points & assess their ability to withstand new sources.
- Estimate the average electricity loads of targeted facilities.
- Gather data collection for the electricity consuming equipment within the facility along with their wattage & its daily operational hours.
- Prepare accurate single line diagram for the facility’s electrical network.
- Identify possible cable routs & any possible obstacles.
- The engineer shall be familiar with measurement instruments & apparatus required for such assignment including Power Quality Analyzer (PQA) with data logger & clamp meter as minimum.
Prepare appropriate energy system designs for target facilities based on actual electricity measurements & needs & according to site suitability. This will include the following:
- A full description of the target facility including its location (with GIS coordinates), existing capacity, functionality, provide photograph for the available electricity sources, loads & the available areas for the system.
- AutoCAD drawings for the available areas presenting the south direction & azimuth, illustrating the proposed location for the inverter & storage systems & / or gensets & fuel tanks.
- The design shall consider HSSE & aesthetic concerns.
Provide technical & administrative support throughout all stages of designing processes & respond for any inquiries & modification requests from design review team through our clients Energy Specialist until getting final approval & design certificate. Working in coordination with our clients Renewable Energy Coordinator, City Engineers & Social Safeguard Officer. The consultant will prepare and deliver the required documents in a professional way within specified working period which will include but not limited to:
- Technical assessment report.
- High quality digital photographs.
- AutoCAD detailed design using approved layout templates.
- Sizing calculation sheets.
- Bill of Quantities (BOQ), including detailed specifications & cost estimation.
All team’s members shall working side by side & perform all tasks assigned cooperatively. Protecting the confidentiality of work. Any additional duties required as needed within the scope of the project.
The minimum criteria in regard to the duties responsibilities & expectations of the supervising during the implementation phase of the hybrid solar system project in accordance with our clients guidelines & standards. This will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for all QC activity on site, performing QC assessments of work by technicians.
- Conduct on site observations to assure conformance with the contract documents regarding work, materials & equipment.
- Arrange & attend field observations where issues of conformity with approved design & specifications arise.
- Make sure that the contractor is adhering the minimum safety & quality policies & procedures.
- Review shop drawings & advise of any significant changes required.
- Issue field instructions for correction of any work that does not conform to the approved contract documents & if needed, request change orders when required for review, discussion & approval.
- Review the project file maintained on the site by the supplier / contractor to ensure that the necessary tests have been performed & the results were satisfactory, issue remedial instructions if the test results were found unsatisfactory.
- Review the project file maintained at the site by the supplier / contractor to ensure that all the necessary documents, such as, but not limited to, warranties, guarantees, test results, shop drawings, field instructions, reports & change orders, etc. Are filed & kept at a place.
- Review the implementation progress against the most current implementation progress schedule with the supplier / contractor, evaluate its suggestions & submit recommendations.
- Review the payment requisitions presented by the supplier / contractor & certify consistency with the implementation progress.
- Conduct an inspection of the development, or a portion of it, on request from the supplier / contractor for issuance of a substantial completion certificate & develop a punch list of incomplete items.
- Conduct an inspection of the development for the completion of the punch list items.
- Inspect the material storage for their conformance with the contract requirements & general suitability, issue written recommendations, if necessary.
- All team’s members shall working side by side & perform all tasks assigned cooperatively.
- Protecting the confidentiality of work.
- Any additional duties required as needed within the scope of the project.
- This role works under instructions & directions of the Project Manager, Renewable Energy Specialist & City Engineer.
- University degree in electrical engineering.
- More than 4 years working experience in project assessment, design, supervising & management experience in solar PV systems & diesel gensets projects is essential.
- Experience in the usage of computers & software packages (Autodesk AutoCAD, Microsoft Office).
- Very good knowledge in written & oral of English & Arabic languages is required.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work as part of a team.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.