- December 19, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Muzun for Humanitarian & Development (MHD) is a civil society and Non-profit organization registered in Turkey, Gaziantep since 2015.
The NGO was founded by professional humanitarian workers engaged in the Syria response. We come from the communities affected by the conflict. We have set up this organization in order to support fellow Syrians with relief and non-relief assistance to maintain their under-pressured resilience and help them cope with the challenging conflict environment. In our work we focus on the most vulnerable including persons with special needs, children and women. As a grassroots organization, our work is community-led and therefore owned and sustainable. We have presence across Syria. MHD operates in Syria’s Northwest.
Providing humanitarian and developmental services and assistance to the most vulnerable communities of displaced people and residents inside Syria and neighboring countries, men, women, and children to reach a Syrian civil society capable of facing the circumstances and involving them in the decision-making process and influence in its.
- VISION: Helping the vulnerable and those affected by the conflict without distinguishing between them by the political, religious, and ethnic affiliations, securing opportunities to live in dignity and safety, and alleviating their suffering
About this position:
The Technical engineer is responsible for the engineering study of projects, counting quantities, and writing tenders, in addition to following up on all daily activities with technical supervision of engineering projects and technical and contractual projects, under the direct supervision of the technical manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A technical study of the project (structural – architecture) including all drawings (design and implementation) using engineering programs and related procedure.
- Preparing the necessary documents for tenders (quantities tables – technical specifications books – initial pricing for the project based on the market – engineering drawings)
- Preparing progress reports (weekly – monthly) on the work carried out at project sites.
- Documenting and saving all project documents while following up the project’s documentary cycle.
- Creating timetables for projects and following them up with project managers, while developing updates to plans in line with the established timeline in order to avoid delays and work to remedy any delays, if any.
- Follow up on the provision of project needs for each stage, along with making purchase requests and coordinating with the concerned departments to complete the work.
- Develop plans to monitor and supervise the sites in coordination with the main administration and project managers, while preparing periodic meetings for the departments.
- Preparing project proposals with the ability to attend periodic meetings with funding agencies.
- Performing other duties that may be requested based on the needs.
Required Skills and qualifications:
- University degree in architecture/ civil engineering.
- Good experience in project studies (especially in Syria), with at least 5 years of experience.
- Field experience in construction works (building – restoration).
- Good experience in preparing tenders, calculating quantities, estimating costs, and technical specifications books.
- Good experience in engineering designs (residential and service buildings – sanitation) and time plan programs.
- Fluent in English (reading and writing)-Arabic is a must.
- Good knowledge in the field of humanitarian work is advantage.
How to apply
Interested applicants can apply for this position by sending a CV and one page cover letter both must be in English to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line (Technical engineer) noting that applications without a subject line will not be considered.
Application deadline is 21 December 2023
We encourage female applicants to apply for this position.
Candidates will only be considered if they possess valid legal documents, in accordance with the national quota requirements.
Adherence to Anti-Harassment, PSEAH, and Child Safeguarding Policies:
MUZUN strongly condemns all forms of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment (SEAH) as well as child abuse. The organization is deeply committed to ensuring the safety of beneficiaries, particularly children, in all its operations. MUZUN is dedicated to creating a secure environment for children and maintains a strict zero-tolerance policy against any form of child abuse and exploitation. MUZUN employees and affiliated individuals are expressly prohibited from participating in any discriminatory, harassing, or abusive behavior (including physical, sexual, or verbal abuse), intimidation, exploitation, or any other actions that infringe upon the rights of others, both within and outside of MUZUN.
The technical engineer – has the obligation to complete all mandatory trainings related to the Code of Conduct and the PSEAH policy and report any safeguarding concern such as breaches of organization policies or codes of conduct according to Muzun procedures.
MUZUN is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce.
MUZUN strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities, and persons from under-represented groups to apply for the position.
We value all applicants; however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted for interviews.
The process of shortlisting and conducting interviews may take place before the application deadline.