- January 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The main purpose of this position is to support all aspects of general office administration, GH management and maintenance, events and accommodations, ensuring availability of office stationery and supplies for both guesthouse and office respectively including lease management. The position is to provide efficient and effective day to day administration management.
The incumbent works closely with the other programme support staff in Garowe, to achieve the operational goals of the organization and ensure compliance with CARE USA and Donor rules and regulations in all the above areas.
- Responsible for managing the guesthouse in Garowe including maintenance of the guesthouse.
- Manages the cook/cleaner and the food in the guesthouse.
- In liaison with procurement team, ensures that there is enough supplies for the guesthouse.
- Manage the cleaning and general hygiene of the guesthouse.
- Responsible for the wellbeing of those who stay in the guesthouse
- Responsible for the maintenance of the office and guesthouse including cleaning, hygiene and general wellbeing of staff, ensuring that there is appropriate furniture, communication facilities and sanitary facilities.
- Ensure that there is enough supplies for office use including stationery, equipment, water and beverages.
- Prepare summary of electricity, water, telephone bills for payments
- Liaise with the Landlords in the even a major repairs or maintenance is required.
- Ensure that staff work in a conducive environment where there is enough aeration, lighting and free from occupational dangers like loose cables crossing the floors and any other objects which may cause occupational hazard to staffs.
- Responsible for the maintenance of facilities (office and guesthouse), ensuring that facilities are kept in good usable, safe and secure conditions, including electrical, fixtures and plumbing. Liaise with the Landlords in the event major repairs or maintenance is required.
- Responsible for the maintenance of leases and rental contracts, ensuring that they are valid, updated and duly signed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Diploma in Communications, Administration or other relevant studies
- Competent in Microsoft word, power point and Excel programs
- Fluent in English both oral and written
- A team player with good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Personal initiative, proactive, reliable and ability to coordinate, control and plan.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- At least three years working in a busy administrative environment
· Somalia stakeholders
· CARE staff, consultants/visitors
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV in a one PDF document to SOM.PuntlandRecruitment@care.org by referring to the job title “( Administration Assistant – Garowe)” as the subject line of the email, latest on Tuesday, 8 February 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. CARE is a Zero Tolerant organization for child abuse and sexual exploitation and abuses.