- November 12, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Administration Officer will be member of the Visual Documentation Team (VDT) of the Stichting White Helmets Foundation (SWHF).
ABOUT STICHTING WHITE HELMETS FOUNDATION
Stichting White Helmets Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation registered at the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce. The Foundation aims to provide aid to communities and persons recovering from conflicts and disasters; provide support and orientation to refugees and communities in hosting countries; support justice and human rights efforts.
SCOPE OF WORK
The VDT Project is a justice and accountability project that addresses relevant issues in Syria. The project aims at assisting transitional justice mechanisms, and other research processes. Due to the nature of the project, staff involved will likely be required to work with potentially graphic content.
The Administrative Officer is responsible for administrative support, including inventory management, organising records, meetings scheduling, budget and office reportings, and support in HR functions.
. Contract type and duration: 1 year, fixed-term
. Line manager : Operations Manager
Tasks and Activities
- Office coordination and management of office facilities.
- Monitor the SWHF calendar and schedule appointments.
- Manage office supplies, security protocols and safe logs.
- Organise the filing system for important and confidential documents.
- Provide support to visiting staff including management of local hotel bookings in accordance with SWHF travel policies.
- Purchase goods and services for office in accordance with SWHF’s internal procurement policy, and external stakeholders’ rules and regulations.
- Control SWHF’s inventory of physical assets in the office including staff equipment.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, and facilitating the hiring process.
- Support in HR functions including payroll, staff attendance and timesheets management.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Monitor effective orientation and onboarding for new employees.
- Prepare training and development sessions when needed.
- Assist in performance management processes and grievance issues.
- Maintain employee records (attendance, data, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements.
- Coordinate with external HR consultants, outsourced payroll company, and technical stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
Required Qualifications, Education, Experience and Competencies
- Proven experience as Administration Officer or experience in administration, procurement, logistics (preferably in an NGO/grant funded organisation)
- BA in business administration, psychology, social administration or relevant field desirable.
- Knowledge of HR functions (recruitment, pay & benefits, training & development…) and good understanding of labour law in the Netherlands and EU desirable.
- Outstanding organisational and time-management abilities.
- Able to manage multiple activities and identify priorities, meet deadlines, and solve problems with shifting and competing values in a complex environment.
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills, and able to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and Dutch (spoken and written). Arabic is a plus.
- Ability to perform clerical work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High sense of confidentiality, reliability and discretion.
- Integrity and sharing of SWHF’s values and ethical standards.
How to apply
Stichting White Helmets Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and applications are actively encouraged from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Further information about us can be found at www.whitehelmets.org
This position is open to candidates with valid work and residence permits in the Netherlands and/or EU.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application form on this link and attach your CV and a covering letter explaining your background, suitability for the role and interest in what we do.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be contacted.