- February 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Title: Program Coordinator- Adolescent & Youth Program
*Please read carefully the qualifications and experience we are seeking for this role as well as the application instructions at the end of this document. Any application that doesn’t meet the requirements listed will not be viewed. Thank you.*
Founded by a group of committed Kenyans, Lwala builds the capacity of rural communities to advance their own comprehensive well-being. We support communities to design, implement, and evaluate solutions to their most pressing health challenges. Then, we build coalitions of communities, health workers, government, and universities to generate evidence of impact and infuse these insights into the formal health system in Kenya and beyond. This bottom-up change promises holistic solutions that are custom-built for the systems they are meant to reform.
1. Reporting to the Adolescent & Youth Programs Manager and based in Lwala, the Program Coordinator will coordinate all AY related priorities and activities both in and out of school.
2. Key Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the AY Program Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Supervision of program officer, YFS Nurses, program assistant, Youth peer providers, Community advisory committee members and track their performance in achieving set goals.
● Establish and sustain a functional supportive supervision system for the demand creation team (YPPs, CHWs, CABs, YABs and YFS nurses).
● Ensure community activities are executed as planned, led by the different team leads within the program (i.e. youth friendly clinic days, male forums, outreaches, stakeholder meetings, community dialogue days, grassroots advocacy meetings, review meetings, mentorship sessions for YPPs and CHWs and demand generation efforts).
● Support Monitoring & Evaluation activities and develop a culture of using data for decision making.
● Track and ensure that all data and activities are well captured and recorded for all activities including outreaches, referrals, meetings with stakeholders or other groups in the community and all other SRH program activities.
● Actively seek and encourage the participation of community members, local leadership, and the demand creation and advocacy teams in the health of the community through the community-led approach.
● Assist and participate actively as would be advised, during partner or donor visits.
● Support fundraising and resource mobilization initiatives including generation of innovative ideas, provision of appropriate data and information needed to develop concepts and proposals.
● Contribute to knowledge production (success stories, case studies, experiences, best practices, and lessons) that inform the delivery of innovative community health programs for internal and external audiences.
● Contribute to further refinement of the community led-health model and sharing of the same.
● Represent the organization in different forums within the sub-county, county, national and international levels.
● Ensure preparation and management of the program’s annual work plans and budgets.
● Take lead in management and reporting of financial and material resources allocated to the AY program.
● Resource accountability for the organization on behalf of the AY program.
● Develop and maintain productive relationships with the local community, MOH, and stakeholders to promote all AY activities.
● Supporting in organizing effective and impactful field visits for donors, partners and other stakeholders.
● Participate in sharing of learning and experience with the team, across the organization and with like-minded/peer organizations.
● Support technical assistance to other CSOs interested in replicating our model
● Maintain good public relations and promote visibility of the work of Lwala.
● Perform any other duties as may be directed from time to time by my leads.
Qualifications and Experience Required
● A Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine and surgery, Nursing, Public Health, Environmental Health, Development Studies, Social Sciences.
● Post Graduate Diploma in any of the following areas; Project Planning and Management, Development Studies or Community Development, Monitoring and Evaluation
● Any trainings on the following areas is an added advantage; Family Planning, Advocacy and demand creation, Sexual and gender-based violence, Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health
● Project management skills.
● Good interpersonal and public relation skills, respect for communities and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
● Share passion for mission and vision of the organization
● Able to work independently, under pressure with minimal supervision
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Familiarity with rural working environment
● At least two (3) years post-graduation experience in program work in an NGO, preferably in adolescent and Youth program.
3. What we offer
● Competitive salary with opportunity to grow
● Full benefits package including medical, vision, dental and group life plan
● Contributory pension scheme
● Annual leave of up to 22 days
● Room to innovate and challenge systems
● A fun, collaborative and fast-paced working environment
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Human Resources Officer, Operations:”
● Current CV/resume.
● Letter of Interest detailing related skills and experience.
● 3 professional references with name, title, email, phone contact, and relationship to the applicant.
Please submit your application by 18th February, 2022.