- January 10, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an unlimited contract duration. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
As Advisor Development Policy at Welthungerhilfe (WHH), you will be involved in German and international political processes that are particularly important in the context of agricultural and climate policy and that aim to ensure food security in the Global South. Your assessments contribute to the positioning of WHH, which you represent in the political and public discourse for a world without hunger.
- National and international policy work in the areas of sustainable development, right to food, agricultural and climate policy
- Developing development policy positions and representing them to national and international political decision makers, the business community, civil society and the public
- Preparing position papers, policy briefs and other materials
- Representing WHH at external events, in networks and committees, and in the media
- Conception and implementation of specialised events
- Working closely with WHH programme countries on relevant development issues
- Preparing briefings, presentations, articles, etc. for the Executive Management and the Board of Directors
- A completed university or college degree, preferably in the field of environment, agriculture, geosciences or a similar field relevant to the position
- Several years of professional experience in the development cooperation sector
- Several years of practical experience in policy and advocacy work at national and international level (EU and UN)
- Proven expertise in the following areas: development policy, rural development, agriculture, climate change
- High level of communication and negotiation skills, persuasiveness and assertiveness
- Ability to produce interdisciplinary analysis in the field of development cooperation
- Ability to represent the interests of politics, business, civil society, academia and the media at national and international level
- Excellent spoken and written German and English; additional language skills would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by January 28, 2024 by following this link.Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.